Inside This Report:
This report covers the overall market opportunity for rugged handheld devices and smartphones used to support enterprise line-of-business applications. It includes market sizing and forecasts for rugged and consumer-grade mobile devices. It breaks down the market opportunity for rugged mobile computing devices by region, industry, application environments, OS, and level of ruggedness. The report discusses current trends driving investment in enterprise mobility as well as what the future entails for mobile hardware vendors.
What Questions Are Addressed?
- What is the outlook for rugged handheld computers and smartphones used for enterprise and government mobility applications?
- What impact is the COVID-19 pandemic having on mobile solution investments and how enterprises are leveraging digital solutions to support new workflow requirements?
- What is the relative opportunity by regional market, industry, and application?
- What is the outlook for rugged mobile computers and to what extent are they affected and potentially displaced by consumer devices?
- Does a rugged handheld value tier opportunity exist to bridge the gap between rugged handheld and consumer smartphone devices?
- With Android supplanting Windows as the dominant OS for rugged handheld computers, what is the installed base of legacy Windows devices and for how long will end users continue to support these devices?
- How is the competitive landscape evolving as the market matures? What is the impact of low-cost Asia brands as they expand beyond their home country markets?
- What are the leading functionality trends and performance requirements as enterprises upgrade their mobile fleets?
- How do mobile device requirements align with specific vertical markets and applications?
- What is the effect of rugged smartphones, and which use cases are best aligned with these devices?
- What are the primary device functionality requirements by industry?