Telecomspricing has identified commercial 5G in 31 countries from 75 operators with close to 400 plans.
Some of the highlights of the Q5 Tariff Tracker Q3 2020 edition include:
- To date the most common 5G mobile allowance is the unlimited mobile data allowance (unlimited includes operators that offer FUP as part of a plan) , followed by the between 10 and 50 GB, and plans under 10 GB now just represent 12% compared to a far higher percentage with the previous edition.
- At the top end of pricing, it goes just above Euro 235 and around the Euro 10 at the other end of the scale.
- Data allowances go from anything of 1 GB up to 6 Terrabytes, with the highest allowances by far offered in the GCC countries.
- Prepaid is on the increase with a number of operators having launched prepaid, with one of the lastest operator to do so 3 Ireland charging an add-on fee, whereas other operators decided to make 5G available to the top prepaid plans only.
- More 5G devices have come on the market but many operators still only offer just a handful with more planned in the lead up to Christmas and early 2021.
- Sub-brands like Voxi (Vodafone UK) and MVNO (Tesco UK) start making their offerings 5G ready