Patient Derived Xenograft (PDX) Model Market size was valued at USD 290.6 Million in 2022, expanding at a CAGR of 13.2% from 2023 to 2030.
Patient-derived xenografts (PDX) are cancer models in which a patient's tumor tissue or cells are implanted into immunocompromised or humanized mice. This procedure involves xenotransplantation. To maintain the development of cancer after it has been removed from a patient, PDX models are employed. This allows for the monitoring of tumor development in the lab, including how it responds to various therapy choices. A PDX model from a given patient can be evaluated against a variety of medicines in a 'personalized oncology' approach, or cohorts of PDX models can be used to assess the therapeutic effectiveness of a drug against distinct forms of cancer.
Patient Derived Xenograft (PDX) Model Market - Market Dynamics:
- The growing prevalence of cancer across the globe drives the market growth
- The growing prevalence of cancer across the globe is expected to drive market growth during the forecast period. For instance, according to the report published by National Cancer Institutes, there would be 18.1 million cancer survivors in the US as of January 2022. This is equivalent to around 5.4% of the total population. In the United States, 623,405 persons have metastatic breast, prostate, lung, colorectal, bladder, or melanoma, and by the year 2025, that number is projected to rise to 693,452. Moreover, as per the data by Cancer Research UK, it is anticipated that there will be 28 million new cancer cases globally each year by 2040 if incidence remains steady and population growth and ageing continue at current rates. This is a 54.9% increase over 2020, and it is predicted to be larger in males (60.6% increase) than in women (48.8% increase). Thus, the aforementioned facts drive the market growth during the forecast period.
Patient Derived Xenograft (PDX) Model Market - Key Insights:
- As per the analysis shared by our research analyst, the global Patient Derived Xenograft (PDX) Model market is estimated to grow annually at a CAGR of around 13.2% over the forecast period (2023-2030)
- Patient Derived Xenograft (PDX) Model industry is projected to grow at a significant rate owing to the growing prevalence of cancer.
- Based on the tumor type, the breast cancer segment is expected to dominate the market over the forecast period.
- Based on region, North America is expected to dominate the market over the forecast period.
Patient Derived Xenograft (PDX) Model Market- Segmentation Analysis:
- The Global Patient Derived Xenograft (PDX) Model Market is segmented based on tumor type, model, end user and Region.
- Based on the tumor type, the global Patient Derived Xenograft (PDX) Model market is segmented into prostate cancer, pancreatic cancer, lung cancer, breast cancer and others. The breast cancer segment is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period. Breast cancer still ranks as the leading cause of death for women worldwide, despite major improvements in detection and treatment methods over time. With current medicines, it is challenging to destroy tumors since they are made up of populations that are extremely varied, including those of breast cancer. Due to the inter-tumor heterogeneity of breast cancer, it is also difficult to accurately predict therapeutic efficacy using commonly used cancer models, such as cell lines created in vitro and in vivo. As a result, PDX models have been created to more realistically depict the variability of the origins of human malignancies. These models are expected to improve breast cancer therapy modalities. Thereby, driving the segment growth over the forecast period.
Patient Derived Xenograft (PDX) Model Market- Geographical Insights
Geographically, this market is widespread in the regions of North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East and Africa. These regions are further divided as per the nations bringing business. North America is expected to dominate the market over the forecast period due to the increasing prevalence of cancer. Moreover, the increasing R&D investments are also an important factor that propels the industry expansion. Furthermore, the presence of key players in the region is expected to propel the market growth. For instance, in April 2023, at the 2023 American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting, Vincerx Pharma, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company aiming to address the unmet medical needs of cancer patients through paradigm-shifting therapeutics, presented a poster of preclinical data of VIP236 monotherapy treatment in PDX and metastatic PDX mouse models across various tumor types. Thus, this kind of initiative is expected to drive market growth in the region.
Patient Derived Xenograft (PDX) Model Market- Competitive Landscape:
The key players operating in the market are: WuXi AppTec, XenTech, Crown Bioscience, Altogen Labs, Envigo, Charles River Laboratories, Oncodesign, Hera Biolabs, The Jackson Laboratory and Abnova Corp.
In July 2022, GemPharmatech (GemPharmatech Co., Ltd.) announced that it has entered into a strategic license agreement with Charles River Laboratories, Inc. for the exclusive distribution of its next-generation NOD CRISPR Prkdc Il2r gamma (NCG) mouse lines in North America. The goal of this agreement is to speed up the development of novel therapeutics for a variety of unmet medical needs, particularly in immuno-oncology. To produce models that will be sold starting in 2023, Charles River will create foundation colonies.
SCOPE OF THE REPORT
The scope of this report covers the market by its major segments, which include as follows:
GLOBAL PATIENT DERIVED XENOGRAFT (PDX) MODEL MARKET KEY PLAYERS
- WuXi AppTec
- Crown Bioscience
- Altogen Labs
- Charles River Laboratories
- Hera Biolabs
- The Jackson Laboratory
- Abnova Corp.
GLOBAL PATIENT DERIVED XENOGRAFT (PDX) MODEL MARKET, BY TUMOR TYPE
- Prostate Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Breast Cancer
GLOBAL PATIENT DERIVED XENOGRAFT (PDX) MODEL MARKET, BY MODEL
GLOBAL PATIENT DERIVED XENOGRAFT (PDX) MODEL MARKET, BY END USER
- Pharmaceutical And Biopharmaceutical Companies
- Academic & Research Institutes
- CROs & CDMOs
GLOBAL PATIENT DERIVED XENOGRAFT (PDX) MODEL MARKET, BY REGION
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- The Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of MEA