Implantable medical devices play a significant role in medical management of wide number of diseases such as cardiovascular devices, Parkinson's disease, epilepsy, spasticity, and patients with hearing or visual impairment. Pacemakers and implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) have become important components in the management of cardiovascular conditions after breakthrough innovations. For instance, MRI compatible pacemakers, and leadless pacemakers have been introduced in the market since 2011 by Medtronic, and BIOTRONIK. Technology changes have improved functioning of other implantable medical devices such as cochlear implants as well over the last few years in terms of ease of use and better processing with requiring less amount of power
Restraints of the U.S. Implantable Medical Devices Market
Implantable medical devices pose certain issues associated with post implantation such as infection at the surgical site and sensitivity to the device material, failure to deliver therapy when needed or receiving extra therapy when not needed. Moreover, these devices are costly which is also expected to hamper growth of the market over the forecast period.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the U.S. implantable medical devices market and provides market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2022-2028), considering 2021, as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunity across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrix for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, regional outlook, and competitive strategy adopted by leading players
- It profiles leading players in the U.S. implantable medical devices market based on the following parameters - company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, geographical presence, distribution strategies, key developments, and strategies, and future plans
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Abbott Laboratories, Alcon Laboratories, Biomet Incorporated, Bausch and Lomb Incorporated, Boston Scientific Corporation, Johnson and Johnson, Medtronic Incorporated, St. Jude Medical Incorporated, Smith and Nephew PLC, Stryker Corporation, Synthes Incorporated, and Zimmer Holdings Incorporated.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of companies to make informed decision regarding future product launches, technology up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The U.S. implantable medical devices market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts.
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the assistive reproductive technology market.
- U.S. Implantable Medical Devices Market, By Implant Type:
- Orthopedic Implants
- Cardiovascular implants
- Dental Implants
- Intraocular Lens Implants
- Breast Implants
- U.S. Implantable Medical Devices Market, By End User:
- Company Profiles
- Abbott Laboratories*
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Key Strategies
- Recent Developments
- Alcon Laboratories
- Biomet Incorporated
- Bausch and Lomb Incorporated
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Johnson and Johnson
- Medtronic Plc
- St. Jude Medical Incorporated
- Smith and Nephew PLC
- Stryker Corporation
- Synthes Incorporated
- Zimmer Holdings Incorporated
"*" marked represents similar segmentation in other categories in the respective section.