Dry eye disease (DED) is the condition that occurs when tears are not able to provide adequate lubrication to eyes. DED is a multifactorial disease of the ocular surface with loss of homeostasis of the tear film and ocular symptoms. Over-the-counter (OTC) eye drops, such as artificial tears, and prescription eye drops, are effective treatments for dry eye.
Rising incidence of dry eye disease worldwide, rise in demand for safe and effective treatment, rise in focus on the development of novel therapeutics, growing geriatric population, emergence of novel diagnostic tools, and technological advancements are major factors expected to propel the growth of the global dry eye disease market.
For instance, in February 2022, Viatris Inc. announced that its subsidiary, Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc., received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for its Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) for Cyclosporine Ophthalmic Emulsion 0.05%, the first generic version of Allergan's Restasis, to treat dry eye disease.
Moreover, in October 2021, Oyster Point Pharma, Inc. announced that the U.S. FDA has approved TYRVAYA (varenicline solution) Nasal Spray 0.03 mg for the treatment of signs and symptoms of dry eye disease. Nasal spray administration provides a new way to treat dry eye disease without administering medication onto an already irritated ocular surface.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the global dry eye disease market, and provides market size (US$ Million) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2022-2028), considering 2021 as the base year.
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market.
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players.
- It profiles key players in the global dry eye disease market based on the following parameters such as company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and strategies.
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include VISUfarma, Johnson & Johnson, Otsuka Holdings Co. Ltd., OASIS Medical, Novartis AG, Sentiss Pharma Pvt. Ltd., AbbVie Inc. (Allergan PLC), Bausch Health Companies Inc., Santen Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., and Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., among others.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics.
- The global dry eye disease market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts.
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global dry eye disease market.
- Global Dry Eye Disease Market, By Product:
- Artificial Tears
- Anti-Inflammatory Drugs
- Punctal Plugs
- Other Products
- Global Dry Eye Disease Market, By Distribution Channel:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Independent Pharmacies and Drug Stores
- Online Pharmacies
- Global Dry Eye Disease Market, By Geography:
- North America
- Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Company Profiles:
- Johnson & Johnson
- Otsuka Holdings Co. Ltd.
- OASIS Medical
- Novartis AG
- Sentiss Pharma Pvt. Ltd.
- AbbVie Inc. (Allergan PLC)
- Bausch Health Companies Inc.
- Santen Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.