Meso-Erythritol is a four-carbon sugar alcohol, which is widely used as sweetener. It is found naturally in different resources such as mushrooms, watermelon, grapes, and pears. It is commercially produced by the fermentation process of corn as a raw material. It is a low-calorie sweetener, which occurs in several fermented foods and beverages such as chees, beer, wine, soy sauce, and others. It acts as a healthier alternative for refined sugar. Moreover, it is used in several low-calorie confectionary food products.
Rising use of Meso-Erythritol in the pharmaceutical industry
Meso-Erythritol is non-cariogenic in nature, and thus does not cause tooth decay. In addition, food products made with Meso-Erythritol cannot be metabolized by the oral bacteria. It offers resistance to streptococci bacteria and further decreases dental plaque. In addition, it is used for the oral preparations, coatings of tablets and pills, cough syrup, and preparation of excipients for pediatrics drugs. Moreover, Meso-Erythritol is used to enhance the bitter taste of drugs. These are major factors that propel demand for Meso-Erythritol across the pharmaceutical industry.
Growing demand for Meso-Erythritol among the diabetic consumers
The overconsumption of refined sugar causes harmful effects on the human body such as diabetes, obesity, and blood pressure among others. However, natural sweeteners such as Meso-Erythritol has low calorie contents, high stability, and intense sweetness. In addition, it has lower effects on insulin and blood sugar level owing to low glycemic index. Thus, soaring demand for Meso-Erythritol among diabetic consumers is projected to create is projected to create lucrative growth opportunities for the global Meso-Erythritol market players.
Side-effects of Meso-Erythritol is hampering the market growth
The overconsumption of Meso-Erythritol can cause endocrine disruption, kidney damage, hypoglycemia, and other health issues, which is further hindering the global Meso-Erythritol market growth. In addition, the manufacturing cost of Meso-Erythritol is high, which is limiting the global demand for Meso-Erythritol. Moreover, the availability of other sweetening agent is expected to hamper the market growth. Nevertheless, growing awareness about healthy food is projected to spur the demand for Meso-Erythritol across the globe.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of the global Meso-Erythritol market, market size (US$ Million & Tons), and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2023-2030), considering 2022 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunity across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrix for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approvals, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the global Meso-Erythritol market based on the following parameters - company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, geographical presence, distribution strategies, key developments and strategies, and future plans
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Sweeteners Plus, LLC, Merck KGaA, Cargill, Incorporated, B Food Science Co., Ltd., Zhongshun Sci. &Tech., Futaste Co. Ltd., Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Shandong Sanyuan Biotechnology Co., Ltd., Baolingbao Biology Co., Ltd, and Tate & Lyle.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and management authorities of companies to make informed decision regarding future products launches, technology up gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global Meso-Erythritol market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global Meso-Erythritol market
- Global Meso-Erythritol Market, By Application:
- Food & Beverages
- Global Meso-Erythritol Market, By Region:
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Middle East
- Company Profiles
- Sweeteners Plus, LLC*
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Key Strategies
- Recent Developments
- Future Plans
- Merck KGaA
- Cargill, Incorporated
- B Food Science Co., Ltd.
- Zhongshun Sci. &Tech.
- Futaste Co. Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- Shandong Sanyuan Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Baolingbao Biology Co.,Ltd
- Tate & Lyle
" marked represents similar segmentation in other categories in the respective section.