Plastic film is a thin continuous form of polymer material and is a popular choice of packaging material. Plastic films are commonly used in various industries such as packaging and construction industries. Moreover, plastic films can be easily reused and recycled and find a range of applications, which includes plastic bags, photographic films, videotapes, landscaping and labels.
The global plastic films market has witnessed significant growth in the recent past year, owing to the growing use of plastic films in various applications such as packaging, industrial and decorative. Based on applications, the global plastic films market is bifurcated in packaging, industrial, and decorative. The packaging segment is further divided into food container, blister packs and electric and electronic purposes and others. Among these segments, the packaging application has dominated the global plastic films market in 2022, owing to the increasing demand for plastic films in barrier packaging. Moreover, the plastic films used in barrier packaging as it protects the product from moisture, light, oil and flavor. This factor is estimated to foster market growth during the forecast period.
Furthermore, based on product type, the global plastic films market is segmented into polyethylene terephthalate (PET), Polyvinyl chloride (PVC), polyvinyl chloride (PVC), Polypropylene (PP), Polyethylene(PE), and Others (PS, PA, EVA, and others.). Among these segments, the polyethylene terephthalate (PET) type is expected to foster market growth during the forecast period, owing to the increasing demand for PET type of plastic films in food packaging.
Furthermore, the Europe dominated the global plastic films market in 2022, owing to the increasing use of plastic films packaging in growing food & drink sector packaging sector in the region. For instance, according to the report released by Food Drink Europe, the European food & drink manufacturing industry generates the turnover of US$ 258.13 billion in 2022. As a result, this growth in food and beverages industry is estimated to foster the growth of food and beverages packaging, which in turn is expected to drive growth of the global plastic films market during the forecast timeframe.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the global plastic films market, market size (US$ Million), and Cumulative Annual Growth Rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2023-2030).
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunity across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrix for this market. It provides valuable insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, plastic films products, regional outlook, and competitive strategy adopted by the leading players.
- Key companies covered as a part of this study includes The Dow Chemical Company, DuPont, Eastman Chemical Company, Evonik Industries AG, Amcor Limited, Berry Plastics Corporation, Griffon Corporation Inc., Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation, Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC), and Honeywell International Inc.
- It profiles leading players in the global plastic films market based on the following parameters - company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, geographical presence, key developments, and future plans.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions with respect to their future product launch, market expansion, and marketing tactics.
- The global plastic films market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry, including investors, product developers, distributors, plastic films product companies, research institutes, new entrants, and financial analysts.
- Stakeholders would greatly benefit in decision-making through the various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global plastic films market.
- Global Plastic Films Market, By Product Type:
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET)
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Others (PS, PA, EVA, etc.)
- Global Plastic Films Market, By Application:
- Food Container
- Blister Packs
- Electric & Electronic purposes
- Construction materials
- Safety materials
- Advertisement lighting
- Global Plastic Films Market, By Region:
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Company Profiles
- The Dow Chemical Company*
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Key Strategies
- Recent Developments
- Future Plans
- DuPont, Eastman Chemical Company
- Evonik Industries AG
- Amcor Limited
- Berry Plastics Corporation
- Griffon Corporation Inc.
- Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation
- Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC)
- Honeywell International Inc.
"*" marked represents similar segmentation in other categories in the respective section