An artificial pancreas is a man-made device that replicates the functions of a pancreas. It is capable of releasing insulin in response to the changing levels of blood glucose in the body similar to the natural pancreas. Types of artificial pancreas include closed-loop artificial pancreas, bionic pancreas, and implanted artificial pancreas. The artificial pancreas system is a diabetes management system that is designed to continuously monitor glucose levels and manage insulin delivery in case of hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia.
A lot can happen to blood sugars in an hour or even just a few minutes, so the key market players are focusing to designed and launching a system for real life that has an algorithm that adapts to the user and helps compensate for everyday challenges that are quite common around mealtimes, and this is expected to drive the North America & Europe artificial pancreas market growth over the forecast period. For instance, on April 21, 2023, Medtronic plc., the global leader in medical technology, announced U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval of its MiniMed 780G system with the Guardian 4 sensor requiring no fingersticks while in SmartGuard technology. This milestone marks the approval of the only system with meal detection technology that provides automatic adjustments and corrections to sugar levels every 5 minutes for both basal (background) and bolus (mealtime) insulin needs. The system provides insulin to help account for when users occasionally forget to bolus or underestimate the number of carbs in their meals.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the North America & Europe artificial pancreas market, and provides market size (US$ Million) and Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR%) for the forecast period (2023-2030), considering 2022 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the North America & Europe artificial pancreas market based on the following parameters - company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and strategies
- Key companies covered as a part of this study are Medtronic Plc., Johnson and Johnson Services Inc., Dexcom Inc., Insulet Corporation, Tandem Diabetes Care Inc., and Cellnovo
- Insights from this report will allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- North America & Europe artificial pancreas market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the North America & Europe artificial pancreas market
- North America & Europe Artificial Pancreas Market, By Disease Type:
- Diabetes Type 1
- Diabetes Type 2
- North America & Europe Artificial Pancreas Market, By End User:
- North America & Europe Artificial Pancreas Market, By Region:
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Company Profiles
- Medtronic Plc.*
- Company Highlights
- Products Portfolio
- Key Highlights
- Financial Performance
- Johnson and Johnson Services Inc.
- Dexcom Inc.
- Insulet Corporation
- Tandem Diabetes Care Inc.
"*" marked represents similar segmentation in other categories in the respective section.