The global neostigmine methylsulfate injection market size is projected to be valued at US$ 156.7 Mn in 2023 and is projected to reach US$ 213.3 Mn by 2030, registering a CAGR of 4.5% during the forecast period.
|Market Size in 2023:
|US$ 156.7 Mn
|Historical Data for:
|2018 to 2021
|2023 - 2030
|Forecast Period 2023 to 2030 CAGR:
|2030 Value Projection:
|US$ 213.3 Mn
Figure 1. Global Neostigmine Methylsulfate Injection Market Share (%), by Region, 2023
Neostigmine methylsulfate injection is a cholinesterase inhibitor that is used as an adjunct in the treatment of myasthenia gravis and as an antidote in the treatment of non-depolarizing neuromuscular blocking agent toxicity in the operating room or intensive care unit setting. It acts by inhibiting the acetylcholinesterase enzyme, which normally breaks down the neurotransmitter acetylcholine at the neuromuscular junction. By inhibiting this enzyme, neostigmine methylsulfate prolongs the actions of acetylcholine, increasing neuromuscular transmission and muscle strength. It helps in the management of myasthenia gravis symptoms such as weakness of the skeletal muscles of the extremities, trunk, throat, and eyes. In overdose or sensitive patients, it can cause increased stimulation at the neuromuscular junction and produce side effects such as nausea, increased saliva, and muscle cramps.
The increasing geriatric population will continue to fuel the growth of the global neostigmine methylsulfate injection market over the forecast period. The elderly are more susceptible to neurological conditions like myasthenia gravis, which frequently needs to be treated with injections of neostigmine methylsulfate. Rising medical expenditures will also continue to fuel the growth of the global neostigmine methylsulfate injection market over the forecast period. The growth of veterinary medicine will create new opportunities for the global neostigmine methylsulfate injection market over the forecast period. Injections of neostigmine methylsulfate are also employed in veterinary medicine, particularly for the treatment of a few neuromuscular diseases in animals. It may open up new commercial prospects to increase the use and availability of neostigmine methylsulfate injections in the veterinary industry.
Lack of knowledge and diagnosis is expected to hamper the growth of the global neostigmine methylsulfate injection market over the forecast period.
Key Features of the Study:
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of the global neostigmine methylsulfate injection market, and provides market size (US$ Million) and Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR%) for the forecast period (2023-2030), considering 2022 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue growth opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approvals, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the global neostigmine methylsulfate injection market based on the following parameters - company highlights, products portfolio, key highlights, financial performance, and strategies
- The key companies covered as a part of this study include Baxter International Inc., Pfizer Inc., Fresenius Kabi AG, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Mylan N.V., Novartis International AG, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Sandoz (a division of Novartis), Accord Healthcare Inc., Lannett Company, Inc., Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, and Lupin Limited
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decisions regarding their future product launches, type up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global neostigmine methylsulfate injection market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, product manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global neostigmine methylsulfate injection market
- Global Neostigmine Methylsulfate Injection Market, By Dosage:
- Global Neostigmine Methylsulfate Injection Market, By Indications:
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Reversal of Neuromuscular Blockade
- Global Neostigmine Methylsulfate Injection Market, By Distribution Channel:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Global Neostigmine Methylsulfate Injection Market, By End User:
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Global Neostigmine Methylsulfate Injection Market, By Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Company Profile:
- Baxter International Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Fresenius Kabi AG
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Mylan N.V.
- Novartis International AG
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Sandoz (a division of Novartis)
- Accord Healthcare Inc.
- Lannett Company, Inc.
- Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals
- Lupin Limited