DelveInsight's " Glioblastoma Multiforme - Epidemiology Forecast- 2032" report delivers an in-depth understanding of the GBM, historical and forecasted epidemiology trends in the United States, the EU-4 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France), the United Kingdom, and Japan.
- The United States
- The EU-4 (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain), and the United Kingdom
Study Period: 2019-2032.
Glioblastoma Multiforme Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
Glioblastoma Multiforme Overview
GBM is the most frequently occurring type of primary tumors of the central nervous system (CNS) mostly in adults, and its poor prognosis has not been significantly improved despite the fact that the innovative diagnostic strategies and new therapies have been developed. GBM is often located in a region of the forebrain known as the cerebrum, which controls some of the most advanced process such as speech and emotions.
The exact underlying cause of GBM is unknown. Some cases may develop from existing, low-grade astrocytomas (malignant transformation) or they may occur without any evidence of a previous tumor (de novo).
The diagnosis of GBM includes neurological exams (This exam tests vision, hearing, speech, strength, sensation, balance, coordination, reflexes and the ability to think and remember), Angiograms, Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and computerized Tomography (CT), surgical biopsy and others.
Treatment for GBM usually includes a combination of surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, or stereotactic radiosurgery. Chemotherapy includes Carmustine (BCNU), Lomustine (CCNU), or Gleostine (Generic), Gliadel wafer (biodegradable discs infused with BCNU), Temozolomide (Temodar) Cisplatin, Carboplatin, Etoposide and Irinotecan. They may be given as a single agent or in combination i.e. PCV (Procarbazine, CCNU, and Vincristine), Carboplatin/ Etoposide. The drugs most commonly used to treat brain tumors are temozolomide (Temodar) and bevacizumab (Avastin).
Glioblastoma Multiforme Epidemiology
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted epidemiology segmented by Total Diagnosed Incident Population of GBM, Gender-specific Diagnosed Incidence of GBM, Type-specific Diagnosed Incidence of GBM, Age-specific Diagnosed Incidence of GBM, Diagnosed Incident Population based on Primary Site of GBM, and Diagnosed Incident Population based on Histologic Classification of GBM Tumor in the 7MM market covering the United States, EU-4 countries (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain), the United Kingdom and Japan from 2019 to 2032.
This section provides glimpse of the GBM epidemiology in the 7MM.
Country Wise- Glioblastoma Multiforme Epidemiology
- The epidemiology segment also provides the GBM epidemiology data and findings across the United States, the EU 4 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain), the United Kingdom) and Japan.
- The Total Diagnosed Incident Population of Glioblastoma Multiforme in the 7MM comprised of 32,546 cases in 2021 and are projected to increase during the forecast period.
- The Gender-specific Diagnosed Incidence of Glioblastoma Multiforme in the United States, in which maximum cases were recorded in male population 7,705 in 2021, as compared to female population.
- Among the EU-4, and the UK countries, Germany accounted for the highest number of GBM cases, followed by France, whereas Spain accounted for the lowest cases in 2021.
- In Japan, the Type-specific Diagnosed Incidence of Glioblastoma Multiforme in Japan was of two types in which maximum cases were recorded of Primary GBM/ IDH-wild Type 2,541 in 2021 and is anticipated to rise during the forecast period.
Scope of the Report:
- The report covers the descriptive overview of GBM, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathogenesis and currently available therapies.
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the GBM epidemiology and treatment.
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for GBM are provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape.
- A detailed review of GBM market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering the 7MM drug outreach.
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the 7MM GBM market.
- In the coming years, GBM market is set to change due emerging therapies in the pipeline, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence GBM R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition.
- As per DelveInsight's analysis of GBM types Primary GBM/ IDH-wild Type and Secondary GBM/ IDH Mutant.
GBM Report Insights
- Patient Population
- Therapeutic Approaches
- 7MM Coverage
- GBM Epidemiology Segmentation
- What is the disease risk, burden and unmet needs of GBM?
- What is the historical GBM patient pool in the United States, the EU-4 (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain), the UK and Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of GBM at the 7MM level?
- What will be the growth opportunities across the 7MM with respect to the patient population pertaining to GBM?
- Out of the above-mentioned countries, which country would have the highest incident population of GBM during the study period (2019-2032)?
- At what CAGR the population is expected to grow across the 7MM during the study period (2019-2032)?
Reasons to buy:
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the GBM.
- To understand the future market competition in the GBM market and Insightful review of the SWOT analysis of GBM.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for GBM in the US, EU 4 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France) the United Kingdom, and Japan.
- The GBM Epidemiology Model developed by DelveInsight is easy to navigate, interactive with dashboards, and epidemiology based with transparent and consistent methodologies. Moreover, the model supports data presented in the report and showcases disease trends over 11-year forecast period using reputable sources.