DelveInsight's 'Osteoarthritis- Epidemiology Forecast-2032' report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted epidemiology in the United States, EU4 (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain) and the United Kingdom, and Japan.
- The United States
- EU4 (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain) and the United Kingdom
Study Period: 2019-2032
Osteoarthritis (OA) Disease Understanding
Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis; it is a chronic degenerative joint disease that affects mostly middle-aged and older adults. OA causes the breakdown of joint cartilage. It can occur in any joint but most often affects the hands, knees, hips, or spine. OA can be divided into two types, primary and secondary. OA is broken down into five stages, as it can take many years to progress fully, it includes Stage 0, Stage 1: Minor, Stage 2: Mild, Stage 3: Moderate, and Stage 4: Severe.
There is currently no standard lab test to verify the presence of OA. Instead of a single lab test, physicians commonly use various diagnostic tools to determine if a patient has OA or another medical condition. However the diagnosis includes blood tests such as CBC, ESR, rheumatoid factor, and ANA are usually normal in OA, X-rays of the affected joint can show findings consistent with OA and Ultrasound can also identify synovial inflammation, effusion, and osteophytes related to OA.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted epidemiology segmented by Total Diagnosed Cases of OA, Joint site-specific Prevalence of OA, Gender-specific Prevalence of OA, Age-specific Prevalence of OA, and Severity-specific Prevalence of OA in the 7MM market covering the United States, EU4 (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain) and the United Kingdom, and Japan from 2019 to 2032.
This section provides glimpse of the Osteoarthritis epidemiology in the 7MM
Country Wise- Osteoarthritis Epidemiology
- The epidemiology segment also provides the Osteoarthritis epidemiology data and findings across in the United States, EU4 (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain) and the United Kingdom, and Japan.
- The total number of diagnosed cases in the US rise from 2019-2032. In 2021, approximately 38 million cases of OA in the US. As per the analysis, a higher percentage of mild cases of OA was observed in the US, followed by moderate OA in 2021.
- In EU4 and the UK, in 2021, the highest proportion of age-specific cases were observed in 70 years and above, followed by age group of 60-69 years and 50-59 years.
- As per the analysis the highest percentage of gender-specific distribution of OA was observed among female population than the male population in 2021. About 24 million cases of OA in the US contributed by female population.
- As per the analysis, the highest percentage of Joint site-specific prevalence of OA in the US was observed in patients with knee OA, followed by patients with OA of multiple joints and others. About 17 million cases were reported in knee OA patients, followed by approximately 11 million cases recorded in patients with OA of multiple joints and others.
Scope of the Report:
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Osteoarthritis, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathogenesis and diagnosis.
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Osteoarthritis epidemiology and treatment.
- The report provides insight about the historical and forecasted patient pool of Osteoarthritis in seven major markets covering the United States, EU4 (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain) and the United Kingdom, and Japan
- The report helps to recognize the growth opportunities in the 7MM with respect to the patient population.
- A detailed review of Osteoarthritis market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering the 7MM drug outreach.
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the 7MM Osteoarthritis market.
- The report also encompasses other major segments, i.e., Total Diagnosed Cases of OA, Joint site-specific Prevalence of OA, Gender-specific Prevalence of OA, Age-specific Prevalence of OA, Severity-specific Prevalence of OA
- 11-year Forecast
- 7MM Coverage
- Total prevalent cases of Osteoarthritis
- Age-specific cases of Osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis Report Insights
- Patient Population
- Eleven Years Forecast
- 7MM Coverage
- Osteoarthritis Epidemiology Segmentation
- What is the disease risk, burden and unmet needs of Osteoarthritis?
- What is the historical Osteoarthritis patient pool in the United States, EU4 (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain) and the United Kingdom, and Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of Osteoarthritis at the 7MM level?
- What will be the growth opportunities across the 7MM with respect to the patient population pertaining to Osteoarthritis?
- Out of the above-mentioned countries, which country would have the highest prevalent population of Osteoarthritis during the study period (2019-2032)?
- At what CAGR the population is expected to grow across the 7MM during the study period (2019-2032)?
Reasons to buy:
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Osteoarthritis
- To understand the future market competition in the Osteoarthritis market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
- Quantify patient populations in the global Osteoarthritis market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Osteoarthritis in US, EU4 (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain) and the United Kingdom, and Japan.
- The Osteoarthritis Epidemiology Model developed by DelveInsight is easy to navigate, interactive with dashboards, and epidemiology based with transparent and consistent methodologies. Moreover, the model supports data presented in the report and showcases disease trends over 11-year forecast period using reputable sources.