Western Europe Destination Tourism Insight Report including International Arrivals, Domestic Trips, Key Source / Origin Markets, Trends, Tourist Profiles, Spend Analysis, Key Infrastructure Projects and Attractions, Risks and Future Opportunities, 2022 Update
Analysis of destination markets, infrastructure and attractions, main and emerging source markets, as well as risks and opportunities in Western Europe . This report explores the types of travelers that visit the region as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Outside of COVID-19 times, France was the most visited country in the world, welcoming 88.1 million visitors in 2019. France is popular amongst European tourists, with the UK, Germany and Belgium being the biggest source markets.
- In 2021, Spain overtook France to become the most visited Western European destination and was the second most visit country overall, behind only Mexico. The same year, Spain welcomed 26.3 million visitors, which is expected to increase by 140.5% YoY (year-on-year) to 63.3 million in 2022, according to GlobalData forecasts.
- GlobalData forecasts that inbound flows to Western Europe will grow at a CAGR of xx% between 2022 and 2025, to reach xx million international arrivals by 2025.
- According to GlobalData forecasts, total spend will continue an upward trajectory, exceeding pre-COVID-19 levels to reach $xx billion by 2025 (CAGR 2022-25: xx%).
- According to GlobalData's Q3 2022 Consumer Survey, 98% of European respondents are extremely, quite or slightly concerned about the impact of inflation on their household budget. This rises to 99% of French and German respondents.
- North America is Western Europe's third largest source market accounting for 4.4% (7.4 million) of international arrivals to Western Europe in 2021.
- This report is part of GlobalData's Destination Market Insights Series. These reports provide an in-depth analysis of a tourist destination and its key source markets, as well as an assessment of the trends and issues in the covered destination market, in this case Western Europe.
Reasons to Buy
- Obtain a clear and detailed insight into developments in an established tourist destination.
- Use data and analysis to explore trends related to international arrivals and spending, tourism segments as well as construction, airlines and hotel developments.
- Gain a better understanding of the opportunities in the market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.