The global surgical robots market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to grow at a CAGR of 18.5% during 2021-2026. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use sectors. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Surgical robots refer to computer-controlled machines that are used for performing minimally invasive (MI) and laparoscopic surgeries. These robots consist of a magnifying high-definition 3-D camera fitted at the tip of the robotic arm that provides an accurate representation of the body parts. They replicate the hand movements of the surgeons and can perform complex procedures using miniaturized surgical instruments that can fit through small incisions. In comparison to traditional surgeries, these robots offer faster recovery time, minimal post-operative discomfort, and reduced risks of infection and scars.
Surgical Robots Market Growth Drivers:
- The increasing prevalence of neurological disorders across the globe is one of the key factors driving the growth of the market. In line with this, the rising geriatric population, which is more susceptible to medical ailments, is also contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, the extensive utilization of these robots for performing surgeries, along with the increasing preference for MI procedures by both patients and healthcare providers, is providing a boost to the market growth significantly. For instance, neurosurgical robots are being used for precise positioning of needles in deep intracranial lesions and for retracting delicate neural structures.
- Various technological advancements and the integration of the healthcare industry with Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT) and virtual and augmented reality (VR/AR) are acting as other growth-inducing factors. Surgical robots are being equipped with 3D imaging systems, HD microscopic cameras, data recorders, motion sensors and robotic controlled catheters that assist surgeons in performing complex procedures accurately. Other factors, including increasing funding and investments for research and development (R&D) in the field of robotics and medical sciences, along with improving healthcare infrastructure across the globe, are also projected to drive the market further.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global surgical robots market, along with forecasts for growth at the global, regional and country level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on product, application, end-user and region.
Breakup by Product:
- Robotic Systems
- Instruments and Accessories
Breakup by Application:
- Gynecological Surgery
- Urological Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Other Applications
Breakup by End-User:
- Ambulatory Care Centers
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The global surgical robots market is highly fragmented with the presence of several small and large players competing in terms of price and quality. Some of the major players in the market are:
- Accuray Incorporated
- Auris Health Inc.
- CMR Surgical
- Corindus Vascular Robotics
- Intuitive Surgical
- Maxar Technologies Limited
- Mazor Robotics Ltd.
- Medrobotics Corporation
- Smith & Nephew
- SRI International Inc.
- Stryker Corporation
- Think Surgical
- Transenterix Inc.
- Verb Surgical
Zimmer Biomet Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global surgical robots market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global surgical robots market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end-user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global surgical robots market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?