The global security appliances market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to grow at a CAGR of 12.2% during 2021-2026. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use industries. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Security appliances refer to various tools, equipment and practices used for network management and security. They are deployed on-cloud or on-site by organizations to prevent unauthorized access to private networks and maximize data security. Some of the commonly used security appliances include firewalls and systems for intrusion detection and prevention, content management, unified threat management and virtual private network (VPN). These tools use preventive and responsive methods to defend networks from being compromised and utilize web filtering, legacy malware protection and advanced threat defense systems to protect against internet-borne threats. Owing to these benefits, security appliances find applications across various industries, such as banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI), defense, information technology (IT) and healthcare. Global Security Appliances Market Trends and Drivers:
- The increasing number of cyber threats and security breaches across the globe is one of the key factors driving the growth of the market. Organizations are adopting cost-effective and efficient mechanisms to protect sensitive data from cyber phishing, web hacking, hacktivism and cyber spying. Furthermore, the increasing trend of bring-your-own-devices (BYOD) across organizations is also augmenting the market growth. This trend has made organizations and individuals more vulnerable to malware and threats through smartphones, tablets and laptops. In line with this, the increasing adoption of cloud-based solutions is also contributing to the market growth. The integration of security appliances with cloud computing aids in streamlining the storage of data, accessing servers remotely and conducting analytics for pattern detection, which is contributing to the increasing demand for these appliances. Various technological advancements, such as the development of security appliances with improved range and capabilities, are some of the other factors creating a positive outlook for the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global security appliances market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on region, type, deployment, end user and vertical.
Breakup by Type:
- Unified Threat Management (UTM)
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention (IDP)
- Content Management
- Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Breakup by Deployment:
Breakup by End User:
- Small and Medium Enterprises
- Large Organizations
Breakup by Vertical:
- IT and Telecom
- Energy and Utilities
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being Bosch Sicherheitssysteme GmbH (Robert Bosch GmbH), Check Point Software Technologies, Cisco Systems Inc., Fortinet Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, Honeywell International Inc., Intel Corporation, Juniper Networks Inc., NortonLifeLock Inc., Palo Alto Networks Inc. and Trend Micro Inc. Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global security appliances market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global security appliances market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the deployment?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the vertical?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global security appliances market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?