The global autocatalyst market exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to grow at a CAGR of 4.5% during 2021-2026. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
An autocatalyst is made by converting ceramics or metals into a fine honeycomb structure and coating it with a solution of platinum, rhodium, and palladium. It is usually installed in the exhaust system of vehicles to help transform toxic substances like hydrocarbon, nitrogen oxide and carbon monoxide into harmless nitrogen, water, and carbon dioxide. Nowadays, three-way catalysts are gaining traction as advanced systems for the emission treatment of gasoline vehicles. These catalysts comprise ultra-thin and high cell substrates that operate at low temperatures to eliminate toxic substances from vehicle ignition efficiently.
Autocatalyst Market Trends:
- Vehicular emissions are highly harmful to the environment and human health as they can lead to acidic rain and a rise in global temperature, skin irritation, and respiratory issues. In line with this, the continual increase in the sales of vehicles and consequent surge in gas emissions have compelled governing agencies of numerous countries to implement stringent laws concerning automobile emissions. This represents one of the key factors positively influencing the demand for autocatalysts across the globe to eliminate particulate and atmospheric matter. Apart from this, due to rising environmental concerns, the leading manufacturers are adopting recycling methods and sustainable manufacturing processes. They are also investing in new technologies to improve the functions of autocatalysts, which is anticipated to propel the growth of the market. For instance, they are using nanotechnology or alumina thin films at high temperatures as sol-gel technology to improve precious metals distribution and contain gaseous emissions.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global autocatalyst market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on material, catalyst type, distribution channel, vehicle type and fuel type.
Breakup by Material:
Breakup by Catalyst Type:
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
Breakup by Vehicle Type:
- Passenger Car
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Breakup by Fuel Type:
- Hybrid Fuels
- Hydrogen Fuel Cell
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being BASF SE, Cataler Corporation (Toyota Motor Corporation), Corning Incorporated, Cummins Inc., DCL International Inc, DCL International Inc, Faurecia, Heraeus Holding, Ibiden Co. Ltd., Solvay and Tenneco Inc. Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global autocatalyst market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global autocatalyst market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the material?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the catalyst type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the vehicle type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the fuel type?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global autocatalyst market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?