The global pet supplement market exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to grow at a CAGR of around 6% during 2021-2026. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Pet supplements assist in providing adequate nutrition to pets depending upon their size and breed. For instance, dogs generally require joint and digestive health supplements, while cats need hairball control supplements. At present, several manufacturers are offering additional supplements for horses, including pre and probiotics for digestive health, enhancing the immune system, maintaining a healthy response, reducing allergy symptoms, and preventing diarrhea.
Pet Supplements Market Trends:
- A considerable increase in the adoption of companion animals on account of inflating disposable incomes and emerging nuclear family trends represent one of the key factors influencing the market growth. Moreover, the increasing prevalence of diseases in animals and the rising concerns among pet parents about the overall well-being of their pets are catalyzing the demand for pet supplements across the globe. These supplements generally include omega-3 fats for the coat; digestive aids to resolve gastric ulcers; biotin, methionine, and zinc to promote hoof growth; and thiamine, magnesium, L-tryptophan, valerian, and chamomile for behavioral effects. Apart from this, due to rising concerns about the quality and safety of pet supplements, governing agencies of numerous countries are enforcing stringent regulations to maintain the efficacy of products. As a result, several manufacturers are funding and collaborating with researchers to perform well-controlled clinical trials to determine the safety and effectiveness of the supplements. This, along with promotional campaigns undertaken by leading players in the industry, is anticipated to bolster the growth of the market in the coming years.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global pet supplement market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on region, pet type, distribution channel, source and application.
Breakup by Pet Type:
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
Breakup by Source:
Breakup by Application:
- Skin and Coat
- Hip and Joint
- Prebiotics and Probiotics
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Ark Naturals Company, Elanco Animal Health Incorporated, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, FoodScience Corporation, Kemin Industries Inc., Nestle S.A., Novotech Nutraceuticals Inc., NOW Foods, Nutramax Laboratories Inc., VetriScience Laboratories, Virbac and Zoetis Inc.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global pet supplement market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global pet supplement market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the pet type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the source?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global pet supplement market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?