The global conductive textiles market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to grow at a CAGR of around 10% during 2021-2026. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use industries. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Conductive textiles refer to the fabrics that are blended or coated with conductive metals. Some of the commonly used materials include nylon, wool, polyester and cotton. They are woven with metallic strands of titanium, gold, copper and nickel for enhancing the electrical properties of the textiles. The metals are usually deposited chemically with autocatalytic chemistry, printed with conductive nanoparticle inks or coated with physical vapor deposition techniques. They exhibit various favorable properties, such as high strength, flexibility, elasticity, heat insulation, water absorbency, dyeability and washability. As a result, conductive textiles are widely used for the manufacturing of pressure-sensitive adhesive (PAS) tapes, conductive threads, fabric sheets, aerospace textiles and metal mesh.
Conductive Textiles Market Trends:
- The increasing demand for e-textiles and smart wearable devices across various industries, such as medical, healthcare, defense and sports, is among the key factors driving the growth of the market. Smart wearable devices are integrated with smart fabrics and conductive textiles for effective health monitoring and transmission of physiological signals over devices. Moreover, the widespread adoption of conductive textiles in medical devices is providing a thrust to the market growth. They are used for pain relief, regulating body temperatures and controlling muscle vibrations. In line with this, they are also commonly used in the manufacturing of military jackets, garments and uniforms for enhanced protection. Additionally, various innovations, such as the utilization of advanced antibacterial silver nanoparticles to electro spin graphene fibers, are acting as other growth-inducing factors. These fibers are integrated with sensors, actuators and heating panels for controlling electromagnetic interference (EMI) shielding, signal and power transfer and static dissipation. Other factors, including extensive research and development (R&D) activities, along with the implementation of favorable government policies, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global conductive textiles market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on fabric, product and application.
Breakup by Fabric:
Breakup by Product:
- Woven Textiles
- Non-Woven Textiles
- Knitted Textiles
Breakup by Application:
- Military and Defense
- Sports and Fitness
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being 3M Company, Bekaert S.A., Herculite Inc., Kinetic Polymers, Seiren Co Ltd., Statex Produktions- und Vertriebs GmbH, Swicofil AG, TIBTECH Innovations, Toray Industries Inc. and UBE Industries Ltd. Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global conductive textiles market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global conductive textiles market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the fabric?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global conductive textiles market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?