The global erythropoietin drugs market exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to grow at a CAGR of around 6% during 2021-2026. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Erythropoietin (EPO) is a hormone produced by kidneys to stimulate the production of red blood cells (RBCs). Its deficiency can lead to low hemoglobin levels and various medical conditions. As a result, there is a rise in the demand for EPO drugs, also known as EPO stimulating agents (ESAs), which are produced synthetically using recombinant deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) technology. They are usually administered via the intramuscular route and released into the bloodstream to stimulate RBC production. At present, they are available in various types with different dosage schedules and modes of delivery. EPO drugs are generally given to patients undergoing chemotherapy, chronic renal failure, and antiviral drug therapy or at high risk for perioperative blood loss from surgical procedures.
Erythropoietin Drugs Market Trends:
- Individuals who have anemia due to cancer, prematurity, and chronic kidney disease (CKD) are usually at the risk of low hemoglobin levels. This represents one of the key factors positively influencing the sales of EPO drugs worldwide. In addition, they are used to treat zidovudine among patients with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection. Moreover, the rising need for surgical interventions on account of the growing aging population across the globe is catalyzing the use of EOP drugs to minimize allogeneic blood transfusions after surgical procedures. Furthermore, the escalating demand for minimally invasive (MI) procedures is bolstering the growth of the market. Apart from this, the increasing use of EPO drugs as a novel therapeutic agent in research settings is projected to expand their applications in treating various diseases. These diseases generally include spinal cord injury (SCI), depression, diabetes, acute kidney injury (AKI), recombinant therapy for patients with heart failure, and a neuroprotective agent in ischemic stroke.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global erythropoietin drugs market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on drug class, product type, application and end user.
Breakup by Drug Class:
Breakup by Product Type:
Breakup by Application:
- Kidney Disorder
Breakup by End User:
- Specialty Clinics
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Amgen Inc., Biocon Limited, Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd., F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Johnson & Johnson, LG Chem Ltd., Pfizer Inc., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global erythropoietin drugs market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global erythropoietin drugs market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the drug class?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global erythropoietin drugs market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?