The global crystal oscillator market exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to grow at a CAGR of around 5% during 2021-2026. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use industries. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
A crystal oscillator is an electronic circuit that creates an electrical signal with a constant frequency using the mechanical resonance of a vibrating crystal of piezoelectric material. It is commonly used to keep track of time in wristwatches, provide a stable clock signal in digital integrated circuits, and stabilize frequencies for radio transmitters and receivers. Moreover, as it can convert electrical energy to mechanical energy and vice versa, it is widely utilized as a sound generator, microphone, and force transducer. At present, atomic oscillators find extensive usage in fields that require high and long-term accuracy and stability.
Crystal Oscillator Market Trends:
- Expanding applications of crystal oscillators in different fields represent one of the major factors influencing the market positively. For instance, they are employed in the military and aerospace sectors for efficient communication, navigation purposes, and electronic warfare (EW) in the guidance systems. This, in confluence with the rising focus of military organizations on digitalizing equipment with advanced technologies on account of increasing geopolitical tensions between countries, is contributing to market growth. Moreover, crystal oscillators are used in medical devices and measuring instruments as well as for celestial navigation and space tracking. Apart from this, crystal oscillators are finding applications in electronics, such as computers, digital systems, modems, sensors, disk drives, cameras, mobile phones, and radio systems. In addition, the escalating demand for consumer electronics is impelling the market growth. Furthermore, they are gaining traction in phase-locked loop systems, telecommunications, cable televisions, toys and video games, and global positioning system (GPS) technology. The boosting sales of vehicles are also increasing the adoption of crystal oscillators in the automotive industry worldwide.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global crystal oscillator market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on type, crystal cutting type, mounting scheme and end user.
Breakup by Type:
- Voltage-Controlled Crystal Oscillator
- Temperature-Compensated Crystal Oscillator
- Oven-Controlled Crystal Oscillator
Breakup by Crystal Cutting Type:
- AT Cut
- BT Cut
- SC Cut
Breakup by Mounting Scheme:
Breakup by End User:
- IT and Telecommunication
- Military and Defense
- Automotive and Transport
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being CTS Corporation, Daishinku Corp., KYOCERA Corporation, Microchip Technology Inc., Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Nihon Dempa Kogyo Co. Ltd., Rakon Limited, River Eletec Corporation, Seiko Epson Corporation, Siward Crystal Technology Co. Ltd. and TXC Corporation.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global crystal oscillator market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global crystal oscillator market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the crystal cutting type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the mounting scheme?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global crystal oscillator market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?