The global spine biologics market exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to grow at a CAGR of 4.5% during 2021-2026. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use sectors. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Spine biologics are materials that alter the surrounding environment through active cellular processes. They promote growth and differentiation and aid in the repair and healing of an injury. They also reduce the frequency of primary or additional surgical procedures and decrease the disruption of soft tissue. At present, a wide variety of spine biologics are used as an alternative to conventional treatments. For instance, pedicle screws and rods find application in a spine fusion procedure to provide spinal stabilization, thereby promoting healing. Moreover, continuous advancements are promoting the repair and regeneration of cartilaginous and bony structures.
Spine Biologics Market Trends:
- Spine fusion is utilized as a tool in the treatment of spine trauma, tumors, and degenerative disorders. However, its poor outcomes can lead to serious complications among patients. This, in confluence with a significant increase in the number of individuals with acute and chronic conditions represents one of the key factors positively influencing the use of spine biologics around the world. Spine biologics impact fusion at the cellular level, which helps achieve successful arthrodesis in the treatment of symptomatic deformity or instability. Moreover, there is a rise in the geriatric population globally, which is more susceptible to musculoskeletal conditions. This, along with the growing prevalence of orthopedic conditions, is catalyzing the demand for spine biologics worldwide. Apart from this, the escalating demand for non-surgical procedures is encouraging the use of spinal biologics in minimally invasive lumbar surgeries. Spine biologics are also gaining traction as a replacement for metal hardware and in individual natural bone grafts or allografts. Furthermore, the growing access to healthcare services on account of inflating income levels is contributing to market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global spine biologics market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on product, surgery type and end user.
Breakup by Product:
- Spinal Allografts
- Machined Bones Allograft
- Demineralized Bone Matrix
- Bone Graft Substitutes
- Bone Morphogenetic Proteins
- Synthetic Bone Grafts
- Cell Based Matrix
Breakup by Surgery Type:
- Open Spine Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
Breakup by End User:
- Ambulatory Care Centers
- Spinal Surgery Centers
- Orthopedic Clinics
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Arthrex Inc, Alphatec Holdings Inc., Exactech Inc, Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic plc, NuVasive Inc, Orthofix Medical Inc., Stryker Corporation, Wright Medical Group N.V. and Zimmer Biomet. Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global spine biologics market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global spine biologics market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the surgery type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global spine biologics market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?