The global patient handling equipment market exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to grow at a CAGR of around 8% during 2021-2026. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use sectors. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Patient handling equipment provides mobility to patients who lack control of their bodies. It helps patients in sitting, standing, and walking and ensures bed mobility, lateral transfers, and hoisting. Besides this, it also assists in reducing the risk of complications, such as deep vein thrombosis, skin tears, chest infections, urinary tract infections, pressure ulcers, and falls. Consequently, it finds application in intensive care units (ICUs), nursing homes, and rehabilitation and other medical centers across the globe.
Patient Handling Equipment Market Trends:
- The increasing geriatric population, coupled with the rising hazards of injuries caused during manual patient handling (MPH), represents one of the key factors contributing to the growth of the market. Additionally, governing agencies of several countries are implementing stringent regulations to increase the adoption of protective equipment and reduce MPH, which is driving the market further. Apart from this, the surging cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) are positively influencing the demand for medical beds around the world. As a result, governing authorities are also investing in hospital infrastructure to increase the overall patient handling capabilities of public healthcare systems. This, along with the growing prevalence of disabilities among individuals, is increasing the need for patient lifting equipment, such as wheelchairs and mobile lifts. Other major factors, including the rising utilization of patient handling equipment during critical surgeries and the advancements in equipment, such as better bed frames, adjustable angles, support surfaces, electric backrest, shear and friction reduction and battery backups, are anticipated to create a favorable market outlook.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global patient handling equipment market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on product, type of care and end user.
Breakup by Product:
- Wheelchairs and Scooters
- Medical Beds
- Mechanical and Nonmechanical Equipment
- Ambulatory Aids
Breakup by Type of Care:
- Bariatric Care
- Fall Prevention
- Critical Care
- Wound Care
Breakup by End User:
- Home Care Settings
- Elderly Care Facilities
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being EZ Way Inc., Getinge AB, Guldmann Inc., Hill-Rom Holdings Inc., Invacare Corporation, Joerns Healthcare LLC, LINET Group SE, Medline Industries Inc., Paramount Bed Co. Ltd., Prism UK Medical Ltd, Stiegelmeyer GmbH & Co. KG and Stryker Corporation. Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global patient handling equipment market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global patient handling equipment market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type of care?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global patient handling equipment market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?