The global aluminium powder market reached a volume of 418.5 Tons in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach a volume of 504.5 Tons by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 3.2% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use industries. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Aluminium powder refers to the fine, granular, silvery-white to grey, and odorless powder made from aluminium metal. It is reactive and flammable in nature and is obtained by stamping and ball-milling foils in the presence of fatty lubricants, such as stearic acid, edible vegetable oil, and food-grade fatty acids. It is also supplied in the form of paste wetted with mineral spirit. Nowadays, aluminium powder is available in various forms, such as atomized aluminium powder, flake powder, paste, and pigment powder. The powder is denser than water and is extensively used to make other chemicals. Aluminium powder undergoes vigorous exothermic reactions when it gets oxidized. It can also react with numerous organic and inorganic chemicals. As a result, it finds application in manufacturing explosives and fireworks, paints and sealants, sparkles and glitters, aerated autoclave concrete, reflective roof coatings, and printing inks.
Aluminium Powder Market Trends:
- The global aluminium powder market is primarily driven by its increasing applications in diverse industries. Aluminium powder is utilized in the construction industry as it forms an essential component in the production of lightweight concrete. In combination with oxygen, it is also used in the aerospace and defense sector for launching rockets. Additionally, aluminium shows high corrosion resistance and is effective in increasing the lifespan of the product. As a result, there has been an increasing demand for aluminium powder in the electronics industry, and it is favored as the main ingredient in the production of solar cells. Moreover, the rising environmental concerns have encouraged several manufacturers to adopt green manufacturing practices to minimize operating costs and reduce energy and utility bills, which is acting as a major trend in the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global aluminium powder market, along with forecasts at the global and regional level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on technology, end use and raw material.
Breakup by Technology:
- Air Atomization
- Based on technology, air atomization holds the biggest market share, representing the most preferred technology among manufacturers.
Breakup by End-Use:
- Defence and Aerospace
- Amongst these, the industrial sector is the largest end user of aluminium powder, accounting for majority of the total global market.
Breakup by Raw Material:
- Aluminium Ingots
- Aluminium Scrap
- At present, aluminium ingots are the most widely used raw material, exhibiting a clear dominance in the market.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Region-wise, Asia Pacific holds the leading position in the market, with the largest market share.
The competitive landscape of the market is characterized by the presence of numerous small and large manufacturers who compete in terms of prices and quality. Some of the leading players operating in the market are:
- ECKA Granules Germany GmbH
- Toyal America, Inc.
- Alcoa Corporation
- United Co RUSAL PLC
- AMG Alpoco UK Ltd.
- Metal Powder Company Limited (MEPCO) Key Question Answered in this Report
- 1. What is the size of the global aluminum powder market?
- 2. What are the key factors driving the global aluminum powder market?
- 3. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global aluminum powder market?
- 4. What is the breakup of the global aluminum powder market based on the raw material?
- 5. What is the breakup of the global aluminum powder market based on the end-use?
- 6. What is the breakup of the global aluminum powder market based on the technology?
- 7. What are the key regions in the global aluminum powder market?
- 8. Who are the key companies/players in the global aluminum powder market?