The global folding furniture market reached a value of US$ 3.84 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach a value of US$ 5.18 Billion by 2027 exhibiting a CAGR of 4.60% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Folding furniture is installed in small rooms or buildings for various purposes, such as sleeping and storage. It involves movable articles, such as chairs, tables, beds, desks, cabinets, cupboards, and kitchen interiors, which are durable, ergonomic, convenient, convertible, affordable, lightweight, and user-friendly. It is manufactured using wood, steel, plastic, and aluminum and is available in a wide variety of aesthetically appealing styles and finishes that take minimal space. Nowadays, manufacturers are offering an innovative range of multi-purpose furniture with improved aesthetics, functionality, comfort, and storage capacities.
Folding Furniture Market Trends:
- Due to the global spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and lockdown measures implemented by governing agencies of numerous countries, businesses around the world have shifted to remote working models. This represents one of the key factors augmenting the need for folding office furniture as it helps in creating a personalized working space at home. Moreover, the significant growth in the real estate sector is positively influencing the demand for folding furniture in residential and commercial establishments. Apart from this, the rising trend of compact and integrated modular homes due to the increasing number of nuclear families is contributing to the market growth. This can also be attributed to the escalating demand for minimalist furniture designs on account of changing lifestyles and rapid urbanization. Furthermore, leading players are offering customized furniture products via online retail channels. They are also launching augmented reality (AR) based apps that allow customers to test products in real-time by providing a virtual three-dimensional (3D) model of furnishing within a space. This, in confluence with the thriving e-commerce industry, is anticipated to strengthen the growth of the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global folding furniture market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on product type, distribution channel and application.
Breakup by Product Type:
- Tables and Chairs
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
Breakup by Application:
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Ashley Furniture Industries Inc., Dorel Industries Inc., Flexfurn limited, Haworth Inc. (Haworth International Ltd.), Hussey Seating Company, Inter IKEA Systems B.V. (Inter IKEA Holding B.V), Kestell Furniture LLC, La-Z-Boy Incorporated, Lifetime Products Inc., Meco Corporation, Murphy Wall Beds Hardware Inc, Nilkamal Furniture and Sauder Woodworking Company. Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global folding furniture market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global folding furniture market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global folding furniture market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?