The global solvent market reached a value of US$ 43.74 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach a value of US$ 57.95 Billion by 2027 exhibiting a CAGR of 4.50% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Solvents refer to chemical substances that can dissolve, disperse or extract other materials to form a solution without changing them chemically. They usually have an unpleasant odor and are highly volatile and flammable, except for chlorinated solvents. Solvents are generally liquids; however, they can also be in solid or gaseous form and are available in conventional and organic variants. They are widely utilized as cleaning and degreasing agents and as ingredients in products, such as spot removers, printing inks, varnishes, adhesives, cosmetics, perfumes, detergents, paint thinners, and nail polish removers.
Solvent Market Trends:
- The increasing product applications in various end use industries represent the primary factor driving the market growth. For instance, solvents are used in paints and coatings to dissolve colors and binders, provide consistency, and find huge applications in pharmaceutical drug manufacturing processes. Additionally, there has been a substantial rise in the product usage in household cleaning and personal care products. Along with this, the widespread adoption of solvents in pesticide formulations is catalyzing the product demand. Furthermore, with the rising environmental concerns, consumers are increasingly shifting toward eco-friendly and organic products, which pose little or no hazards to the environment and human health. As a result, several leading manufacturers are making heavy investments and entering into collaborations with the top biotechnology companies to launch green and bio-based solvents to achieve sustainability. Moreover, the emerging solvent applications in chemical manufacturing processes, cooling circuits, dry-cleaning, and deicers are propelling the market growth. Other factors, including rapid industrialization and urbanization, stringent government regulations to use green solvents, ongoing research and development (R&D) activities, and technological advancements, are also providing a positive thrust to the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global solvent market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on product, source and application.
Breakup by Product:
Breakup by Source:
- Bio and Green
Breakup by Application:
- Paints and Coatings
- Printing Inks
- Cosmetics and Adhesives
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Archer-Daniels-Midland Company, Ashland Inc., BASF SE, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, bp p.l.c., Celanese Corporation, Dow Inc., Eastman Chemical Company, Exxon Mobil Corporation, Honeywell International Inc., Huntsman Corporation, LyondellBasell Industries N.V., Royal Dutch Shell plc, Sasol Limited and Solvay S.A. Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global solvent market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global solvent market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the source?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global solvent market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?