The global drone camera market reached a value of US$ 5.03 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 25.39 Billion by 2027, exhibiting at a CAGR of 32% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use sectors. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
A drone camera is an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) with a camera that captures images and records videos. It is integrated with sensors that offer better resolutions and improve stabilization systems. It assists in providing an autonomous view and minimizing the need to physically look at the drone and its position in the sky. It also aids in performing different operations, such as product and food delivery, surveillance over a specific area, and thermal imaging. As a result, a drone camera finds applications in several industry verticals across the globe.
Drone Camera Market Trends:
- There is presently a rise in the demand for high-quality (HQ) drone cameras that are capable of taking efficient quality images from a wide-angle. This, in confluence with the increasing applications of drone cameras in mapping services, global positing system (GPS), and light detection and ranging (LiDAR), represents one of the key factors bolstering the market growth. Moreover, extensively growing defense budgets have enabled governing agencies of numerous countries to enter into agreements with drone manufacturers to offer better and advanced products. This, along with the availability of technologically advanced products with beneficial features like micro four-thirds system, voice control mechanism, and shortwave infrared (SWIR) systems, is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Additionally, leading market players are offering drone delivery services to carry small packages to clinics and hospitals in their world countries. They are also offering collision avoidance and customizable flight pathing option to retain a competitive edge in the market. Furthermore, the rising number of drone professionals offering different services to cater to individual needs and compete in drone festivals is creating a favorable market outlook.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global drone camera market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on type, resolution, application and end user.
Breakup by Type:
Breakup by Resolution:
12 to 20 MP
20 to 32 MP
32 MP and above
Breakup by Application:
- Photography and Videography
- Thermal Imaging
Breakup by End User:
- Homeland Security
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being AiDrones GmbH, Canon Inc., Gopro Inc., Guangzhou EHang Intelligent Technology Co.Ltd., Kespry Inc., Panasonic Corporation, Parrot SA, Quantum-Systems GmbH, Shenzhen Dajiang Lingmou Technology Co.Ltd. (iFlight Technology Company Limited), Skydio Inc., Sony Group Corporation and Yuneec International. Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global drone camera market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global drone camera market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the resolution?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global drone camera market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?