The global RTA furniture market reached a value of US$ 13.1 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 18.2 Billion by 2027, exhibiting at a CAGR of 5.7% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use sectors. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Ready-to-assemble (RTA) furniture refers to knock-down or kit furniture that can be built or assembled onsite using simple tools. Some of the commonly available RTA furniture include tables, desks, sofas, chairs, cabinets, wardrobes and beds. They are either shipped flat-packed or unassembled in multiple components and manufactured using wood, glass and steel. RTA furniture is highly functional, requires minimal packaging and can fit into small spaces. They are available in a wide variety of sizes, materials and designs and can be customized as per the requirement of the consumer. Individuals can also add personalized fittings and embellishments to enhance the aesthetic appeal of the furniture. As a result, they are widely used across residential and commercial complexes.
RTA Furniture Market Trends:
- The increasing preference for flexible furniture among the masses is one of the key factors driving the growth of the market. RTA furniture is widely used across apartments and offices with limited spaces. Moreover, the emerging trend of shifting to multiple locations for jobs or business purposes, especially among the millennials, is also impacting the demand for easy-to-move furniture. Various product innovations, such as the launch of click furniture technology that minimizes the utilization of nuts and bolts for assembling the furniture, are acting as other growth-inducing factors. The technology also provides enhanced stability by locking the corners and front and back panels. In line with this, aggressive promotional activities by product manufacturers and vendors, along with convenient product availability through proliferating online retail channels, is also contributing to the market growth. Other factors, including the rising expenditure capacities of the consumers, along with the increasing demand for luxurious and premium-quality furnishing products, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global RTA furniture market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on product, material, distribution channel and end user.
Breakup by Product:
- Chairs and Sofas
Breakup by Material:
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Specialty Stores
- Flagship Stores
- Home Centers
- Online Stores
Breakup by End User:
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Ashley HomeStore, Bush Furniture, Flexsteel Industries Inc., Homestar Corporation, Inter IKEA Systems B.V., Prepac Manufacturing Ltd, Sauder Woodworking Co., Simplicity Sofas, South Shore Furniture, Tvilum A/S, Walker Edison Furniture Company LLC and Whalen Furniture (Li & Fung Limited). Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global RTA furniture market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global RTA furniture market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the material?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global RTA furniture market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?