The global rugged display market reached a value of US$ 7.8 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 10.8 Billion by 2027, exhibiting at a CAGR of 5.6% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use industries. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
The rugged display is a high-performance, military-grade flat panel that is used for displaying mission-critical information. It can endure strong vibrations, extreme temperatures and wet or dusty conditions. It is assembled using advanced lamination materials for minimal reflection, condensation and dust buildup. Rugged displays have wide viewing angles and are commonly used in smartphones, handheld computers, tablets, laptops, vehicle-mounted computers and avionic displays. They are available in ultra-, semi- and fully-rugged variants and provide enhanced picture quality, visibility and readability under direct sunlight. As a result, rugged displays are widely used for various industrial, commercial and military applications.
Rugged Display Market Trends:
- The rising demand for smart devices in the military and defense industries is one of the key factors driving the growth of the market. With the rising instances of cross-border tensions and terrorist activities, defense organizations are increasingly adopting advanced mobility solutions to digitize operations and access real-time information. Moreover, the increasing requirement for ruggedized products across industries, such as healthcare, transportation, retail and agriculture, is providing a thrust to the market growth. In line with this, the utilization of organic light-emitting diode (OLED) and e-paper technologies is also contributing to the growth of the market. Product manufacturers are also launching variants with improved impact and moisture resistance, temperature range and minimal power requirements. Additionally, various technological advancements, such as the integration of human-machine interface (HMI) and the Internet of Things (IoT) with the rugged devices, are acting as other growth-inducing factors. These innovative displays can be incorporated in fire brigades, police vehicles, ambulances and military systems to perform numerous functions in high-risk situations. Other factors, including the launch of variants with advanced touch capabilities, along with the implementation of favorable government policies, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global rugged display market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on product, level of ruggedness, operating system and end user.
Breakup by Product:
- Smartphone and Handheld Computer
- Tablet PC
- Laptop and Notebook
- Avionics Display
- Vehicle-Mounted Computer
- Panel PC and Mission-Critical Display
Breakup by Level of Ruggedness:
Breakup by Operating System:
Breakup by End User:
- Oil and Gas
- Energy and Power
- Automotive and Transportation
- Government, Defense and Aerospace
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Beijer Electronics Group AB, Curtiss-Wright Corporation, Dell Technologies Inc., General Dynamics Corporation, Getac Technology Corporation (MiTAC-SYNNEX Group), KYOCERA Corporation, L3Harris Technologies Inc., Panasonic Corporation, Sparton Corporation (Elbit Systems of America LLC) and Zebra Technologies Corporation. Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global rugged display market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global rugged display market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the level of ruggedness?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the operating system?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global rugged display market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?