The Indian aluminium powder market reached a volume of 39,029 Tons in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach 56,124 Tons by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.3% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Aluminium is a lightweight, ductile, non-magnetic, malleable metallic element with a soft finish. Over the years, aluminium has been available in different forms which include aluminium sulphate, alum, aluminium powder, etc. Amongst these, aluminium powder is prepared by exposing molten aluminium metal to a compressed gas jet. After this, the combination is converted into fine droplets which are later solidified and collected. The gathered powder is subsequently graded according to the size of the particles. This powder is combustible in nature, light in weight, odourless, highly flammable and silvery-white to grey in colour. The aluminium powder market in India has been witnessing a positive growth in recent years led by increasing usage of aluminium powder in technological industries as well as its easy availability and affordability. In India, aluminium powder is being used for various purposes across numerous industries which include metallurgy, chemicals, paints & pigments, explosives, construction and others. This is one of the major factors which has been supporting the growth of the aluminium powder in India. Additionally, there has been an increase in the use of aluminium powder for the production of coating paints which has further propelled its demand across the automotive industry. Apart from this, aluminium powder is corrosion-resistant and can be easily recycled owing to which it becomes a highly durable product with a longer lifespan as compared to other metals. As aluminium powder is effective in reflecting light, it is also being increasingly used in the form of pigments. These are some of the other factors which have been positively influencing the growth of the Indian aluminium powder market.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the Indian aluminium powder market, along with forecasts at the country and regional level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on end-use, technology, raw material and furnace type.
Breakup by End-Use:
- On the basis of end-use, the pyrotechnics industry represents the biggest end use segment.
Breakup by Technology:
- On the basis of technology, air-atomization represents the leading technology to produce aluminium powder.
- Breakup by Raw Material: Aluminum Ingots
- Aluminum Scrap
- On the basis of raw material, aluminum ingots represent the major type of raw material used to manufacture aluminium powder. Aluminum ingots were followed by aluminum scrap.
Breakup by Furnace Type:
- Oil-Fired Furnace
- Gas-Fired Furnace
- Electric Furnace
- On the basis of furnace type, oil-fired furnace represented the major type, followed by gas-fired furnace and electric furnace.
Breakup by Region:
- North India
- South India
- East India
- West India
- Based on region, the market has been segmented into North India, South India, West India and East India. Currently, South India dominates the market, holding the majority of the market share.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being MEPCO, MMPIL, Arasan, Sri Kaliswari, SunArk, etc.
This report provides a deep insight into the Indian aluminium powder covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up an aluminium powder manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and processing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the aluminium powder in any manner. Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Indian aluminium powder market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the Indian aluminium powder industry?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Indian aluminium powder industry?
- Which are the key end-use industries for aluminium powder?
- What is the breakup of the Indian aluminium powder market on the basis of technology?
- What is the breakup of the Indian aluminium powder market on the basis of raw materials?
- What are the major types of furnaces in the Indian aluminium powder market?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Indian aluminium powder industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Indian aluminium powder industry?
- What is the structure of the Indian aluminium powder industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Indian aluminium powder industry?
- What are the profit margins in the Indian aluminium powder industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up an aluminium powder manufacturing plant?
- How is aluminium powder manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in an aluminium powder plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up an aluminium powder plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up an aluminium powder plant?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up an aluminium powder plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up an aluminium powder plant?