The global virtual private server market reached a value of US$ 3.43 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach a value of US$ 7.98 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 14.30% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use industries. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Virtual private server (VPS) is a hosting solution relying on virtualization technology to provide dedicated resources on a server with various users. It is more stable and secure as compared to shared hosting, which works without a dedicated server space. It offers several benefits, including high reliability, better privacy and root access to server and assists in the up-gradation of server resources. As a result, it finds extensive applications in transportation, healthcare, hospitality, e-commerce, telecommunication, and banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI) sectors worldwide. Virtual Private Server Market Trends:
- The growing utilization of VPS in data centers to reduce heating, issues concerning the accessibility of servers, and power consumption represent one of the key factors driving the market. Apart from this, there is an increase in the need for a cost-efficient VPS and greater customizations across the globe. This, along with the scalability provided by the server to organizations for gaining control over networks, is propelling the growth of the market. Additionally, there is a rise in the integration of artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and containers in VPS around the world. This, coupled with the increasing adoption of cloud-based services among organizations of different industry verticals, is offering lucrative growth opportunities to end-users. Besides this, the growing prevalence of cyber-attacks and data breaches for stealing confidential data from companies is positively influencing the market. In addition, the rising employment of VPS by small and medium-sized businesses to transform various processes and improve business outcomes is catalyzing the demand for VPS. Other growth-inducing factors are the rising awareness about the benefits of VPS and business expansions by global vendors.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global virtual private server market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on type, operating system, organization size and industry vertical.
- Breakup by Type: Managed VPS
- Unmanaged VPS
Breakup by Operating System:
Breakup by Organization Size:
- Large Enterprises
- Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
Breakup by Industry Vertical:
- IT and Telecommunication
- Breakup by Region: North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being A2 Hosting, Amazon Web Services Inc. (Amazon.com Inc.), DigitalOcean LLC, DreamHost LLC, GoDaddy Inc., InMotion Hosting, International Business Machines Corporation, Liquid Web LLC, OVH Groupe, Plesk International GmbH, Rackspace Technology Inc. and TekTonic. Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global virtual private server market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global virtual private server market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the operating system?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the organization size?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the industry vertical?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global virtual private server market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?