The global linear motion system market reached a value of US$ 9.51 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach a value of US$ 14.29 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.80% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use industries. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Linear motion systems refer to automatic devices that are used and built to move in one direction. They are commonly available in single-axis and multi-axis variants and can be non-motorized and motorized, depending on the mechanism. Linear motion systems consist of a guide system for handling the load, a drive that aids in moving the load, and sealing to protect the inner parts of the system. They are widely used in machines, technical platforms, and various other operations, such as printing, scanning and food processing. Linear motion systems assist in transporting industrial payloads and providing a high level of accuracy, performance, and speed in harsh environmental conditions. Linear Motion System Market Trends:
- The increasing demand for automation in manufacturing applications across the globe is creating a positive outlook for the market. Linear motion systems are widely used due to quality inspection requirements, higher precision, flexibility, reliability and greater efficiency. Moreover, the rising awareness regarding the eco-friendly properties of linear motion systems have further intensified their adoption across several industrial verticals, including automotive, packaging, and manufacturing. This, in turn, assists in reducing carbon emissions, thus favoring the market growth. Apart from this, the large-scale integration of the Internet of Things (IoT) and machine learning (ML) have enabled users to capture machine data, monitor and analyze system performance, and ensure timely maintenance and early detection of problems, which is further providing an impetus to the market growth. Additionally, the increasing product demand in the healthcare industry for lab testing applications, such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computed tomography (CT) scanners and X-ray machines, is positively impacting the market growth. Other factors, including significant growth in the automotive industry and the implementation of various government initiatives for promoting advancements in the information technology (IT) infrastructure, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global linear motion system market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on type, component and end use industry.
- Breakup by Type: Single-Axis Linear Motion System
- Multi-Axis Linear Motion System
Breakup by Component:
- Linear Axes
- Actuators and Motors
- Linear Tables
- Linear Guides
- Linear Modules
Breakup by End Use Industry:
- Electronics and Semiconductor
- Breakup by Region: North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Bosch Rexroth AG (Robert Bosch GmbH), Ewellix AB, HepcoMotion, HIWIN Corporation, Lintech Corporation, Nippon Bearing Co. Ltd., NSK Ltd., Pacific Bearing Company, Rockwell Automation Inc., Schneeberger Group, THK Co. Ltd. and Thomson Industries Inc. (Altra Industrial Motion). Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global linear motion system market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global linear motion system market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the component?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end use industry?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global linear motion system market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?