The global insulated packaging market reached a value of US$ 12.9 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 18.0 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 6% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use industries. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Insulated packaging refers to the packaging solutions used for storing and transporting temperature-sensitive products. It is used for maintaining the desired temperature and keeping the contents refrigerated, frozen and warm. Insulated packaging is commonly available in the form of flexible sheets, pre-formed shapes, boxes, bags, flexible blankets and rigid boards. They are manufactured using expanded polystyrene foam (EPS), polyurethane foam, insulating cement, expanded silica, radiant barrier films and mineral fibers. The packaging provides high resistance to heat transfer, enhanced durability, mechanical strength and low moisture susceptibility. As a result, they are widely used for products, such as cosmetics, seafood, ice creams, meats, alcohols, fresh herbs and gourmet foods.
Insulated Packaging Market Trends:
- Significant growth in the e-commerce industry across the globe is one of the key factors creating a positive outlook for the market. Insulated packaging is widely used for protecting perishable goods from damage caused by temperature variations during storage and transportation. Moreover, the widespread adoption of insulated packaging solutions for delivering food and beverages with no wastage and spillage is providing a thrust to the market growth. With the changing lifestyles and dietary patterns, there is a shifting consumer preference toward processed and packaged ready-to-eat food products. Insulated packaging aids in maintaining a stable temperature and keeping the food fresh and fit for consumption. Additionally, various product innovations, such as the development of recycled and recyclable environment-friendly packaging products, are acting as other growth-inducing factors. Product manufacturers are also offering customizable and personalized insulated packaging solutions for improved branding services, which is also favoring the market growth. Other factors, including the increasing demand for insulated packaging to store vaccines, blood samples and medicines, along with the adoption of omnichannel distribution strategies by organizations for their products, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global insulated packaging market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on packaging type, material type, packaging form and application.
Breakup by Packaging Type:
- Boxes and Containers
- Bags and Pouches
Breakup by Material Type:
- Corrugated Cardboards
Breakup by Packaging Form:
Breakup by Application:
- Food and Beverages
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Amcor plc, Cold Ice Inc., Cryopak (Integreon Global), Deutsche Post AG, Drew Foam of Georgia, DS Smith plc, DuPont de Nemours Inc., Huhtamaki Oyj, Innovative Energy Inc., Marko Foam Products Inc., Sonoco Products Company, The Wool Packaging Company Limited and TP Solutions.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global insulated packaging market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global insulated packaging market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the packaging type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the material type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the packaging form?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global insulated packaging market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?