The global roofing materials market reached a value of US$ 124.2 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 161.1 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 4.51% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use sectors. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Roofing materials are used on the outermost layer of the roof to provide shelter and protection against harsh environmental conditions like wind and scorching sun rays. These materials include asphalt shingles, closure strip, coating, copper, drain, downspout, fasteners, felt, flashing, gravel, grout, gutter, insulation, joint tape, underlayment, slate, ridge cap, plastic cement, and base ply and sheet. Presently, several advanced roofing materials are being developed that provide improved aesthetics and innovative features. For instance, integrating solar collectors into existing shingles generate more energy and is considered excellent for sunny roofs. Moreover, stone-coated steel is economical and effective for wet, windy regions or areas prone to wildfires.
Roofing Materials Market Trends:
- There is a significant rise in the number of housing units, especially in urban areas, on account of the growing global population and increasing income levels. This represents one of the key factors driving the market. The escalating demand for commercial and retail office spaces is also contributing to market growth. Moreover, governments of numerous countries are building leisure parks, urban transport, schools, and healthcare infrastructure, which is positively influencing the sales of roofing materials worldwide. They are also investing in the renovation and redevelopment of existing infrastructure, which is bolstering the market growth. Apart from this, with the growing environmental concerns and rising emphasis on sustainable buildings, green roofs are gaining traction around the world. As green roofs are covered with plants, they have a long lifespan and help in improving air quality and reducing water runoff. Furthermore, major market players are offering robust, durable, and easy to install roofing materials in different thicknesses and grades. This is anticipated to expand their market share and strengthen the growth of the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global roofing materials market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on product, construction type and application.
Breakup by Product:
- Asphalt Shingles
- Concrete and Clay Tiles
- Metal Roofs
Breakup by Construction Type:
- New Construction
Breakup by Application:
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Atlas Roofing Corporation (Hood Companies Inc.), Boral Roofing LLC (Boral Industries Inc.), Carlisle Companies Inc., CertainTeed Corporation, Crown Building Products LLC, CSR Limited, Eagle Roofing, Etex, GAF (Standard Industries Inc.), Johns Manville (Berkshire Hathaway Inc.), North American Roofing Services Inc, Owens Corning, TAMKO Building Products LLC and Wienerberger AG.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global roofing materials market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global roofing materials market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the construction type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global roofing materials market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?