The global vessel sealing devices market reached a value of US$ 1.65 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach a value of US$ 2.53 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.20% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use sectors. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Vessel sealing devices refer to instruments used in non-invasive surgical procedures to facilitate dissection and hemostasis during open and laparoscopic procedures. Electrothermal bipolar vessel sealers and ultrasonic shears are some of the commonly used vessel sealing devices. They consist of ultrasonic, bipolar and hybrid energies and are helpful in coagulation, cutting and dissection applications. Vessel sealing devices are widely used to seal the vessel wall by denaturing the collagen and elastin in the wall and completely occluding the blood vessel. These devices are easy to use, require less operational time, assist in reducing blood loss, offer superior efficiency and reliability, and are cost-effective. As a result, vessel sealing devices are widely used in specialty clinics, hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers.
Vessel Sealing Devices Market Trends:
- The increasing geriatric population that is more prone to chronic diseases is one of the key factors creating a positive outlook for the market. Vessel sealing devices are widely used to treat colorectal cancer, neck surgery, axillary dissection, and chronic hepatitis, amongst others. Additionally, the widespread product adoption in laparoscopic surgeries as they are minimally invasive and cause less postoperative pain, is favoring the market growth. Apart from this, the introduction of ultrasound technology that monitors the distribution of heat and energy and bipolar devices that assist in stronger and uniform compression, are also providing a thrust to the market growth. Moreover, the increasing demand for safe and effective instruments during surgeries to reduce infection rates and blood loss is inflating the overall sales of medical sealing devices, thus positively impacting the market growth. Other factors, including the development of novel, high-quality vessel sealing devices, a rise in the number of gynecological, urological, cardiovascular and orthopedic surgeries, and significant expansion in the medical industry, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global vessel sealing devices market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on product, application and end user.
Breakup by Product:
Breakup by Application:
- General Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
Breakup by End User:
- Hospitals and Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being B. Braun Melsungen AG, BOWA-electronic GmbH & Co. KG, Erbe Elektromedizin GmbH, Hologic Inc., Intuitive Surgical Inc., Johnson & Johnson, KLS Martin Group, Lamidey Noury Medical, Medtronic plc, Olympus Corporation, OmniGuide Holdings Inc. and Xcellance Medical Technologies Private Limited.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global vessel sealing devices market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global vessel sealing devices market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global vessel sealing devices market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?