The global conductive polymers market size reached US$ 4.0 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 6.4 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 8.1% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Conductive polymers (CPs) are a specific group of organic materials that exhibit electrical and optical properties of both metals and semiconductors. They offer numerous advantages over carbon-based electrode materials, including low cost, high porosity, ease of synthesis, and low equivalent series resistance (ESR). CP electrodes deliver incredible potential energy, power density, and high specific capacitance due to their excellent intrinsic conductivity. Besides this, they are added at small concentrations to improve the resistance of marine paints against corrosion.
Conductive Polymers Market Trends:
- As CPs are environmental-friendly, they are widely used as an alternative to metallic interfaces in the production of biomedical devices, such as sensors and tissue scaffolds, and artificial muscles and drugs controlled-release agents. The rising demand for these devices and other medical supplies for clinical diagnosis and surgical interventions on account of the growing prevalence of chronic diseases represents one of the key factors bolstering the market growth. They are also integrated on a textile surface via plating, printing, coating, and other surface techniques to manufacture smart and interactive textiles. Apart from this, with the emergence of nanoscience, CPs are gaining traction in transparent solar cells. This, along with the rising sales of solar panels across the globe, is contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, the growing trend of miniaturized electronic devices like integrated circuits (ICs) and rechargeable batteries is also positively influencing the market. Additionally, CPs are being used for developing inexpensive, flexible organic electronics. This, in confluence with the escalating demand for consumer goods in the residential sector due to changing lifestyles and inflating income levels, is anticipated to drive the market in the coming years.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global conductive polymers market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on product and application.
Breakup by Product:
- Acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene (ABS)
- Polyphenylene-polymer (PPP) based Resins
- Inherently Conductive Polymers (ICP)
Breakup by Application:
- Anti-static Packaging
- Actuators and Sensors
- Solar Energy
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being 3M Company, Agfa-Gevaert N.V, Avient Corporation, Celanese Corporation, Heraeus Holding, KEMET Corporation, Parker Hannifin Corp., SABIC, Solvay and The Lubrizol Corporation.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global conductive polymers market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global conductive polymers market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global conductive polymers market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?