The global sportswear market size reached US$ 174.07 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 231.4 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.70% during 2022-2027.
Sportswear refers to informal clothing designed for comfort and playing sports. Tracksuits, tennis shirts, T-shirts, hoodies, shorts, polo shirts, and swimsuits are common sportswear mainly worn while participating in physical activities. Depending on the intensity and the type of sport, they can be manufactured using various flexible materials, such as cotton-polyester, nylon-spandex, cotton, polypropylene, polyester-spandex, and wool blend. Sportswear is commonly worn while playing golf, tennis, cricket, football, basketball, hiking, bicycling, and jogging. Compared to non-specific sportswear, it helps improve athletes' performance, prevents injury during exercise, provides extra comfort, reduces the delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS), promotes the health of the wearer, and minimizes post-workout muscle cramps.
Sportswear Market Trends:
- The growing participation in sports and fitness activities due to the rising incidences of work-related health conditions, such as stress and obesity, is driving the market growth. Additionally, the widespread product adoption to protect the wearer against environmental conditions during outdoor activities is favoring the market growth. Sportswear is made up of breathable fabrics that help to keep the body cool and provide ventilation. Moreover, the increasing awareness about the health benefits of fitness activities, such as swimming, yoga, running, and aerobics, is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Apart from this, the launch of fast-drying materials and t-shirts that can track heart rate and are made of lightweight infrared emitting fabrics using energy infrared technology that manages body heat and improve circulation is providing an impetus to the market growth. Furthermore, the widespread product utilization to enhance overall performance by supporting the right muscle groups during exercising and training and providing protection to the sensitive muscle areas is facilitating the market growth. Other factors, including rising expenditure capacities of consumers, increasing demand for trendy and comfortable sportswear, and growing demand for specialized garments, such as swimsuits, ski suits, and leotards, are anticipated to drive the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global sportswear market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on product, distribution channel and end user.
Breakup by Product:
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Online Stores
- Retail Stores
Breakup by End User:
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Adidas AG, Anta Sports Products Limited, ASICS Corporation, Columbia Sportswear Company, Fila Inc., Lululemon Athletica Inc., New Balance Athletics Inc., Nike Inc., Patagonia Inc., Puma SE and Under Armour Inc.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global sportswear market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global sportswear market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global sportswear market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?