The global home infusion therapy market size reached US$ 37.5 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 56.2 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 7.23% during 2022-2027.
Home infusion therapy is a medical procedure used for the (IV) or subcutaneous administration of drugs or biologics to a patient at home. It involves the infusion of medications, such as antivirals or immune globin, through various equipment, including pumps, catheters and vials. The therapy is effective in chemotherapy and hydration, enteral, inotropic, anti-infective, nutritional and pain management therapies for the treatment of diabetes and various gastrointestinal and oncological disorders. It facilitates self-administration of drugs in medical conditions where oral medications are not effective.
Home Infusion Therapy Market Trends:
- The increasing prevalence of chronic medical ailments, such as cancer, osteoarthritis and diabetes, and the shifting preference for at-home treatments among the masses, is one of the key factors driving the growth of the market. The rising incidence of hospital-acquired infections (HAIs) due to exposure to contaminated equipment, bed linens and air droplets across facilities is also providing a thrust to the market growth. Moreover, as the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) continues to spread across the globe, there has been a significant increase in the demand for home infusion therapies to minimize the risks of contracting the infection and ensuring optimal treatment. Additionally, the development of cost-effective and user-friendly home infusion kits is acting as another growth-inducing factor. These novel variants are lightweight, portable and easy to use for the patients and caregivers and are also equipped with advanced drip systems for precise and real-time monitoring of IV treatments. Other factors, including the rising geriatric population, which is more susceptible to medical ailments, along with significant improvements in the healthcare infrastructure, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global home infusion therapy market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on product and application.
Breakup by Product:
- Infusion Pumps
- Intravenous Sets
- IV Cannulas
- Needleless Connectors
Breakup by Application:
- Hydration Therapy
- Enteral Nutrition
- Parenteral Nutrition
- Specialty Pharmaceuticals
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being B. Braun Melsungen AG, Baxter International Inc., Becton Dickinson and Company, Eli Lilly and Company, Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA, ICU Medical Inc., JMS Co. Ltd., Nipro Corporation, Option Care Health Inc. (Walgreen Co.), Smiths Group plc and Terumo Corporation.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global home infusion therapy market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global home infusion therapy market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global home infusion therapy market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?