The global fire fighting chemicals market size reached US$ 2.5 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 3.1 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 3.9% during 2022-2027.
Fire fighting chemicals are chemical compounds used for suppressing and extinguishing fires. They are stored in pressurized containers with active propelling agents and are blended with various additives, stabilizers and preservatives to reduce the temperature of the fire, coat the fuel and prevent combustion. Some commonly used chemicals include dry, powder or aqueous film-forming foam (AFFF), alcohol-resistant AFFF, protein foam (PF) and synthetic detergent foam. These chemicals are manufactured using industrial solvents, such as monoammonium phosphate, carbon dioxide, halon, potassium citrate and potassium bicarbonate. They are widely used in firefighting equipment, such as automatic sprinkler systems, fixed and portable fire extinguishers, fire dampers, inert gas systems and fire-retardant bulkheads.
Fire Fighting Chemicals Market Trends:
- The increasing incidence of fire-related accidents leading to casualties and significant loss of property across the globe is among the key factors driving the market growth. Moreover, the widespread adoption of portable and hand-held fire extinguishers in construction sites, aircraft, hospitals, schools, theaters and residential complexes is providing a thrust to the growth of the market. Due to extensive infrastructural development, these spaces are increasingly becoming more prone to accidents and mishaps. Firefighting chemicals are stored in compact, easy-to-use extinguishers to minimize the risks of fire hazards and explosions. In line with this, these chemicals are also used across industries, such as oil and gas and mining, to contain and prevent critical fire accidents in onshore and offshore facilities, pipelines and process plants. Additionally, various product innovations, such as the launch of environment-friendly firefighting chemicals, are acting as other growth-inducing factors. Product manufacturers are developing fluorine-free foams using natural surfactant blends, which are free from persistent, bio-accumulative and persistent organic pollutants. Other factors, including rising safety concerns and the implementation of favorable safety regulations by the governments of developed and emerging economies, are acting as other growth-inducing factors.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global fire fighting chemicals market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on type, chemicals and application.
Breakup by Type:
- Dry Chemicals
- Wet Chemicals
- Dry Powder
- Foam Based
Breakup by Chemicals:
- Monoammonium Phosphate
- Carbon Dioxide
- Potassium Bicarbonate
- Potassium Citrate
- Sodium Chloride
Breakup by Application:
- Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Automatic Fire Sprinklers
- Fire Retardant Bulkhead
- Fire Dampers
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Angus Fire, DIC Corporation, Fire Safety Devices Pvt. Ltd., Foamtech Antifire Company, Johnson Controls International plc, Linde plc, Orchidee Europe, Perimeter Solutions, Safequip Pty Ltd and Solvay S.A.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global fire fighting chemicals market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global fire fighting chemicals market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the chemicals?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global fire fighting chemicals market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?