The global air quality monitoring market size reached US$ 4.6 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 7 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.7% during 2023-2028.
An air quality monitor refers to a sensor-based instrument which is used to detect and monitor the levels of pollutants, such as sulfur dioxide, nitrous oxide, carbon monoxide, particulate matter and volatile organic compounds, in both indoor and outdoor environments. On account of escalating levels of harmful emissions from vehicles and industries, a large part of the global population is at high risk of developing breathing disorders like asthma, and diseases such as lung cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases. The rising awareness among individuals and governing authorities about the adverse effects of air pollution is strengthening the demand for air quality monitors worldwide.
- Several industrial facilities emit pollutants during their daily operations which causes a severe impact on the environment and the health of the people working on the premises. They depend on air quality monitors to examine dispersion, dry deposition and chemical transformation and monitor deviation from the air quality standards. Moreover, governments across both developing and developed markets are undertaking initiatives to make industrial operations more environment-friendly. They are also implementing strategies to monitor and improve the overall air quality which, in turn, is impelling the growth of the global air quality monitoring market. Further, manufacturers are investing in research and development activities to develop and launch products and technologies. For instance, they are introducing low-cost as well as portable air quality monitors to widen their consumer base.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global air quality monitoring market report, along with forecasts at the global and regional level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type, pollutant, sampling method and end-user.
Breakup by Product Type:
- Indoor Monitors
- Outdoor Monitors
- Wearable Monitors
Breakup by Pollutant:
- Chemical Pollutant
- Physical Pollutant
- Biological Pollutant
Breakup by Sampling Method:
- Active/Continuous Monitoring
- Passive Monitoring
- Intermittent Monitoring
- Stack Monitoring
Breakup by End-User:
- Government Agencies and Academic Institutes
- Commercial and Residential Users
- Petrochemical Industry
- Power Generation Plants
- Pharmaceutical Industry
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
- The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being Thermo Fisher Scientific, Siemens Aktiengesellschaft, Teledyne Technologies, Emerson Electric, General Electric Company, 3M Company, Horiba, Merck KGaA, Aeroqual, TSI Incorporated, Testo India Pvt. Ltd., Honeywell International Inc., Agilent Technologies, TE Connectivity, Tisch Environmental, Spectris plc, etc.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global air quality monitoring market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global air quality monitoring industry?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global air quality monitoring market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the pollutant?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the sampling method?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end-user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global air quality monitoring industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global air quality monitoring industry?
- What is the structure of the global air quality monitoring industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global air quality monitoring industry?
- What are the profit margins in the global air quality monitoring industry?