The global directed energy weapons market size reached US$ 6.2 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 17.8 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 19.1% during 2023-2028.
Directed energy refers to a technology that produces a beam of concentrated electromagnetic energy, including microwaves, radio waves, lasers, etc. This technology is used in weapons that are widely adopted to disable, damage, or destroy adversary equipment, facilities, and personnel. Some of the common product variants include high-energy laser weapons, high-power radiofrequency or microwave devices, and charged or neutral particle beam weapons. These weapons offer numerous benefits over conventional munitions, including the high-speed transmission of lethal force, minimal effects of gravity or atmospheric drag, stealth-like performance with noise-free and invisible beams, etc. As a result, directed energy weapons are widely installed in military ships, land vehicles, aircraft, and unmanned vehicles (UMVs).
Directed Energy Weapons Market Trends:
- The rising geographical conflicts along with the increasing demand for advanced military devices in combat applications are propelling the global market for directed energy weapons. Additionally, the growing investments by several defense and military organizations in modernization of existing infrastructures to enhance national security are also augmenting the market growth. Furthermore, the rising threats from hypersonic weapons, particularly missiles, are catalyzing the demand for directed energy weapons for early destruction in missile trajectory. Apart from this, the increasing adoption of direct energy weapons for protecting civilians against numerous chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) emergencies is also bolstering the market growth. Besides this, the emergence of various military-based UAVs and drones integrated with directed energy weapons for providing long-range precision targeting and remote operations is further driving the global market. In the coming years, the introduction of several advanced solutions, such as high-energy laser (HEL) power to intercept cruise missiles, will continue to catalyze the market for directed energy weapons on a global level.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global directed energy weapons market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, application, technology and end use.
Breakup by Type:
Breakup by Application:
- Homeland Security
Breakup by Technology:
- High Energy Laser
- Chemical Laser
- Fiber Laser
- Free Electron Laser
- Solid -State Laser
- High Power Microwave
- Particle Beam
Breakup by End Use:
- Ship Based
- Land Vehicles
- Gun Shot
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being Applied Companies, BAE Systems Plc, L3harris Technologies Inc., Lockheed Martin Corporation, Moog Inc., Northrop Grumman Corporation, Qinetiq Group PLC, Raytheon Technologies Corporation, Rheinmetall Aktiengesellschaft, Textron Inc. and The Boeing Company.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- 1. What was the size of the global directed energy weapons market in 2022?
- 2. What is the expected growth rate of the global directed energy weapons market during 2023-2028?
- 3. What are the key factors driving the global directed energy weapons market?
- 4. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global directed energy weapons market?
- 5. What is the breakup of the global directed energy weapons market based on the type?
- 6. What is the breakup of the global directed energy weapons market based on the application?
- 7. What is the breakup of the global directed energy weapons market based on the technology?
- 8. What is the breakup of the global directed energy weapons market based on the end-use?
- 9. What are the key regions in the global directed energy weapons market?
- 10. Who are the key players/companies in the global directed energy weapons market?