The global cardiovascular implants market size reached US$ 24.5 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 35.6 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.11% during 2023-2028.
Cardiovascular implants are medical devices used to treat cardiovascular disorders, including heart failure, myocardial infarction, peripheral arterial, aortic disease, and coronary artery diseases. They remain inside the body of a patient for the proper functioning of the heart and blood vessels. They assist in relieving symptoms of a slow and irregular heart rhythm. They consist of a transventricular splint with epicardial pads adjusted to decrease the LV radius, which produces the left ventricle to become smaller and energetically efficient. They can recognize a severe heart rhythm and transmit messages to the heart for maintaining the heart rhythm.
Cardiovascular Implants Market Trends:
- The growing cases of heart failure on account of the increasing prevalence of cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) represent one of the key factors positively influencing the demand for cardiovascular implants worldwide. It can also be attributed to sedentary lifestyles, unhealthy dietary patterns, high-stress levels, diabetes, and obesity among the masses. Moreover, the rising aging population, which is more prone to medical conditions, along with significant improvements in the healthcare infrastructure, is contributing to the market growth. In addition, increasing preferences for minimally invasive surgeries (MIS) due to their associated benefits is driving the market. Apart from this, the integration of artificial intelligence (AI), predictive analytics, and advanced algorithms for early detection of heart disease, treating strokes faster, and enhancing diagnostic radiology capabilities are creating a positive outlook for the market. Besides this, the rising public awareness about advancements in medical technology, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities, are offering lucrative growth opportunities to industry investors.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global cardiovascular implants market report, along with forecasts at the global and regional level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type, material, procedure type and indication.
Breakup by Product Type:
- Coronary Stent
- Heart Valve
- Implanted Cardiac Pacemaker
- CRT Device
- Peripheral Stent
- ICD dominates the market as it assists in recording, reporting, and monitoring diseases.
Breakup by Material:
- Metals and Alloys
- Biological Materials
- Based on the material, the market has been segmented into metals and alloys, polymers and biological materials.
Breakup by Procedure Type:
- Open Heart Surgery
- Based on the procedure type, the market has been segmented into angioplasty and open-heart surgery.
Breakup by Indication:
- Myocardial Ischemia
- Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Arrhythmias exhibit a clear dominance in the market as they facilitate the symptoms of irregular heartbeat and fluttering in the chest.
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
- North America holds the majority of the global cardiovascular implants market share due to the well-established healthcare infrastructure in the region.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report, along with the detailed profiles of the major players operating in the industry. Some of these players are BIOTRONIK SE & Co. KG, Abbott Laboratories, AMG International, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc., Medtronic Private Limited, Boston Scientific Corporation, Sorin Corporation, Edwards Lifesciences Corporation, Fortimedix Surgical B.V., Neovasc Inc., CryoLife Inc., Proxy Biomedical Ltd., REVA Medical, LLC., and Shree Pacetronix Ltd.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- 1. What was the size of the global cardiovascular implants market in 2022?
- 2. What is the expected growth rate of the global cardiovascular implants market during 2023-2028?
- 3. What are the key factors driving the global cardiovascular implants market?
- 4. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global cardiovascular implants market?
- 5. What is the breakup of the global cardiovascular implants market based on the product type?
- 6. What is the breakup of the global cardiovascular implants market based on the indication?
- 7. What are the key regions in the global cardiovascular implants market?
- 8. Who are the key players/companies in the global cardiovascular implants market?