The global DNA sequencing products market size reached US$ 6.3 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 11.4 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 9.76% during 2023-2028.
DNA sequencing is the process used for calculating the precise sequence of the four nucleotide bases within a DNA molecule, namely, cytosine, adenine, thymine and guanine. It plays an important role in mapping out the human genome as well as helps in various applied research applications. In line with this, DNA sequencing products are gaining popularity in the pharmaceutical industry as they assist researchers in understanding complex diseases and, in turn, develop personalised medicines for patients. Additionally, DNA profiling has become an integral part of forensic science as these profiles enable investigators to identify and distinguish multiple samples from a pool of DNA.
Global DNA Sequencing Products Market Drivers:
- Genome mapping and sequencing of microorganisms have enabled agriculturists to use them for crops and food plants. Over the past few years, specific genes of bacteria have been used in food plants to improve their resistance against insects and pests which has increased their productivity and nutritional value. In addition to this, genomes of several domesticated livestock animals, such as chicken, pig, cow, sheep, and horse, have also been partially or completely sequenced and proven to be useful in the production of livestock with enhanced quality of meat and milk.
- The role of DNA sequencing in the in-vitro diagnostics market, particularly for point-of-care diagnostics, is expected to gain momentum. DNA sequencing enables the development of precision medicine in order to offer specific treatments or therapies to patients. It also provides various platforms that enable genetic sequencing and analysis of DNA data at the point-of-care with high accuracy and rapid diagnosis.
- Researchers and instrument developers have produced an array of DNA sequencing technologies which offer faster sequencing with higher accuracy at lower costs. For instance, one of the primary market players in the field, Illumina, has launched a system that consists of 10 ultra-high-throughput sequencers and can sequence about 18,000 human genomes per year.
- Researchers are now using innovative technologies for genome mapping that take lesser time for completion. Other than this, the reduction in sequencing costs has led many companies to invest in R&D activities and offer cost-effective solutions such as whole genome sequencing, de novo sequencing and specific disease diagnosis.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global DNA sequencing products market report, along with forecasts at the global and regional level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type, application and end-user.
Breakup by Product Type:
- Consumables and Reagents
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been segmented into consumables and reagents, and equipments. Currently, consumables and reagents represent the largest segment as they generate a higher return-on-investments.
Breakup by Application:
- Reproductive Health
- Personalized Medicine
- DNA sequencing products find applications across various sectors including biomarkers, diagnostics, reproductive health, personalised medicine, forensics and others. Amongst these, biomarkers are the most popular application segment of DNA sequencing products as they help in predicting treatment outcomes.
Breakup by End-User:
- Academic and Government Research Institutes
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Based on the end-user, the market has been segregated into academic and government research institutes, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, hospitals and clinics, and others. At present, DNA sequencing is majorly being used in academic and government research institutes owing to the presence of a large number of research and development projects which involve the practical implementation of data analysis and next-generation sequencing.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- On a geographical front, North America accounts for majority of the total global DNA sequencing products market. This can be accredited to the growing geriatric population, prevalence of several chronic diseases and presence of prominent drug manufacturers in the region.
The nature of the market is fragmented with the presence of numerous small and large manufacturers who compete in terms of prices and quality. Some of the leading players operating in the market are:
- Illumina Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc.
- Beckman Coulter
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- 1. What was the size of the global DNA sequencing products market in 2022?
- 2. What is the expected growth rate of the global DNA sequencing products market during 2023-2028?
- 3. What are the key factors driving the global DNA sequencing products market?
- 4. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global DNA sequencing products market?
- 5. What is the breakup of the global DNA sequencing products market based on the product type?
- 6. What is the breakup of the global DNA sequencing products market based on the application?
- 7. What is the breakup of the global DNA sequencing products market based on the end-user?
- 8. What are the key regions in the global DNA sequencing products market?
- 9. Who are the key players/companies in the global DNA sequencing products market?