The global air cargo security and screening systems market size reached US$ 888.9 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 1,246.0 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.73% during 2023-2028.
Air cargo security and screening systems are installed at airports by the airport authorities so that the rising flow and scrutiny of cargo consignment can be handled efficiently, accurately and quickly. Due to globalisation, a huge number of air service providers have entered causing an increase in air traffic and flow of cargo consignments on airports. Air cargo security and screening systems help to scan the cargos without any errors and without the restriction of size of the cargo. Screenings based on X-rays, ETD and EDS technologies are currently used in major systems. These technologies create high penetration to detect and identify contraband and goods that might compromise safety and business operations. They are also highly automated and result in significant savings on manual labour and time.
Assured security is a key factor catalysing the demand of air cargo security and screening systems. These systems can scan parcels and detect hidden illegal items, such as explosives, weapons, chemicals, firearms and narcotics. In the recent past, a rising risk of attacks and threats through explosives have driven the increasing adoption of these technologies. Moreover, these modern systems are capable of screening high volumes of cargo in shorter time spans. Due to a considerable increase in global air cargo traffic, the need for effective and powerful security and screening systems has also increased. Security check for cargo shipments through physical inspection was possible only in the past when the air cargo traffic was scanty, however, with the ascend in number of air cargo services, the airport authorities are under an increasing pressure of implementing such technologies that enhance screening and surveillance of high volumes of cargo.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global air cargo security and screening systems market report, along with forecasts at the global and regional level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on technology, size of screening systems and application.
Breakup by Technology:
- X-Ray Systems
- ETD (Explosive Trace Detection)
- EDS (Explosive Detection Systems)
- Based on the technology, the market has been segmented as X-ray systems, ETD (explosive trace detection) and EDS (explosive detection systems).
Breakup by Size of Screening Systems:
- For Small Cargo
- For Break and Pallet Cargo
- For Oversized Cargo
- Based on the size of screening systems, the market has been segmented as for small cargo, break and pallet cargo, and oversized cargo.
Breakup by Application:
- Narcotics Detection
- Explosive Detection
- Metal and Contraband Detection
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented as narcotics detection, explosive detection, and metal and contraband detection.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being 3DX-RAY, American Science and Engineering, L-3 Communications Security and Detection Systems, Inc, Morpho Detection, LLC, Rapiscan Systems, Armstrong Monitoring, Astrophysics, Inc., CEIA, Autoclear LLC and Gilardoni.
- This report provides a deep insight into the global air cargo security and screening systems market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the air cargo security and screening systems industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- 1. What is the market size for the global air cargo security and screening systems market in 2022?
- 2. What are the key factors driving the global air cargo security and screening systems market?
- 3. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global air cargo security and screening systems market?
- 4. What is the breakup of the global air cargo security and screening systems market based on the application?
- 5. What is the breakup of the global air cargo security and screening systems market based on the technology?
- 6. What are the key regions in the global air cargo security and screening systems market?
- 7. Who are the key companies/players in the global air cargo security and screening systems market?