The global airport passenger screening systems market size reached US$ 2.0 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 3.6 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 9.74% during 2023-2028.
The airport passenger screening systems market is currently being catalyzed by rising security needs and the introduction of innovative, and effective products and services that meet this demand.
Airport passenger screening system is a system that is used to scan the passengers before they can board a plane. Generally, even after passing through the screening system, passengers are screened manually using a metal detector by the police personnel. But the need for secure and effective screening systems over the few years have risen significantly due to the current air traffic uplift throughout the globe. Improvement in the current screening systems is imperative as passengers remain a key part of airport operations, and efficiency in the same can help increase timely performance and operability of the airport. In recent times, added importance are being placed on commuter screening systems at airports, both by the government as well as private organizations. The passenger screening system can be segregated on the basis of type, i,e, advanced imaging system, explosive detection system, and metal detection system. These innovative systems can also spot undetectable items, including metallic and non-metallic ones.
With major OEMs pouring-in investments to introduce next-generation passenger screening systems, the future of the market looks positive. The usage of advanced imaging systems is growing at a massive scale, which will further augment the growth of the global airport passenger screening systems market. Millimeter wave technology, which boasts the ability to see through people's clothing and identify undetectable objects can also be a major player in the market. Moreover, rising security needs across the globe will ensure long-term growth and implementation of airport passenger screening systems.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global airport passenger screening systems market report, along with forecasts at the global and regional level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, technology and end-user.
Breakup by Product:
- Passenger Screening
- Carry-On Baggage Screening
- Based on product, the market has been segmented as passenger screening and carry-on baggage screening.
Breakup by Technology:
- Metal and Explosive Detection Systems
- Advanced Imaging Systems
- On the basis of technology, metal and explosive detection systems represent the largest segment.
Breakup by End-User:
- Civil Airports
- Military Airports
- Based on end-user, the market has been segmented as civil airports and military airports.
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America. Amongst these, North America is the leading market, accounting for the majority of the global share.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Analogic Corporation, CEIA, Cobalt Light Systems, Garrett Metal Detectors, Ketech Systems Ltd., Kromek Group PLC., L-3 Security & Detection Systems Inc., Morpho Detection Inc., Optosecurity Inc., Rapiscan System Ltd., Reveal Imaging Technologies Inc. and Smiths Detection.
- This report provides a deep insight into the global airport passenger screening systems market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the airport passenger screening systems market in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- 1. What was the size of the global airport passenger screening systems market in 2022?
- 2. What is the expected growth rate of the global airport passenger screening systems market during 2023-2028?
- 3. What are the key factors driving the global airport passenger screening systems market?
- 4. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global airport passenger screening systems market?
- 5. What is the breakup of the global airport passenger screening systems market based on the product?
- 6. What is the breakup of the global airport passenger screening systems market based on the technology?
- 7. What is the breakup of the global airport passenger screening systems market based on the end-user?
- 8. What are the key regions in the global airport passenger screening systems market?
- 9. Who are the key players/companies in the global airport passenger screening systems market?