The global dark spirits market size reached US$ 90.1 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 127.7 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.72% during 2023-2028.
Dark spirits refer to distilled liquors that turn darker in appearance with adequate aging in sealed barrels. Some of the commonly available dark spirits include rum, brandy, cognac, bourbon and scotch whiskey and wine. They are produced in distilleries by fermenting sugarcane molasses, barley, corn, wheat and grapes. The spirits are stored in recycled barrels with charred interiors to enhance the taste and color. Dark spirits are also processed with congeners to improve the fermentation process. They are also utilized in the manufacturing of liquor chocolates, candies, sauces and marinades. Moderate consumption of dark spirits can aid in pain management, increasing bone mineral density, preventing common cold and peripheral artery diseases and maintaining warm body temperatures.
Dark Spirits Market Trends:
- Significant growth in the food and beverage industry across the globe is one of the key factors creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, the increasing preference for premium craft spirits, especially among the millennials, is providing a thrust to the market growth. Dark spirits are widely served across restaurants, hotels, bars and pubs and combined with exotic flavored juices and sparkling water to provide innovative experiences to the consumers. Additionally, the advent of online delivery services for alcohol is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Brands and retailers are participating in online promotional campaigns through social media platforms to increase the brand awareness among the consumers. Product manufacturers are also launching clean label dark spirits manufactured using organic, genetically modified organism (GMO)-free, additive-free and naturally sourced ingredients to meet the requirements of health-conscious consumers. Other factors, including significant growth in the spirit tourism industry, along with rising expenditure capacities of the consumers, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global dark spirits market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, distribution channel and application.
Breakup by Type:
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
Breakup by Application:
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV, Asahi Group Holdings ltd., Bacardi Limited, Brown-Forman Corporation, Diageo plc, Kirin Brewery Company Limited, LT Group Inc, Pernod Ricard, Remy Cointreau and Suntory Holdings Limited (Kotobuki Realty Co. Ltd.).
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- 1. What was the size of the global dark spirits market in 2022?
- 2. What is the expected growth rate of the global dark spirits market during 2023-2028?
- 3. What are the key factors driving the global dark spirits market?
- 4. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global dark spirits market?
- 5. What is the breakup of the global dark spirits market based on the type?
- 6. What is the breakup of the global dark spirits market based on the distribution channel?
- 7. What are the key regions in the global dark spirits market?
- 8. Who are the key players/companies in the global dark spirits market?