The global onychomycosis treatment market size reached US$ 3.1 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 4.3 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.37% during 2023-2028.
Onychomycosis is a fungal infection that occurs in the fingernails and toenails that can lead to discomfort, chronic pain and disfigurement. Proximal subungual, white superficial and distal subungual are some of the types of onychomycosis. It is a common nail infection in patients with athlete's foot and is caused by various organisms, such as dermatophytes, yeasts and non-dermatophyte molds. Onychomycosis is characterized by symptoms, including distortion in the shape of nails, foul smell, whitish to yellow-brown discoloration and brittle, ragged and crumbly texture of the nails. It is usually diagnosed through potassium, oxygen and hydrogen (KOH) examination, culture and histopathological examinations of nail clippings and nail biopsies and is treated through laser therapy, drugs and photodynamic therapies.
Onychomycosis Treatment Market Trends:
- The increasing prevalence of chronic medical ailments, such as onychomycosis, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), diabetes and peripheral artery disease (PAD), is one of the key factors driving the growth of the market. Moreover, the rising geriatric population, which is highly prone to circulatory disorders and weakened immune system, is providing a thrust to the market growth. Onychomycosis is also highly prevalent among millennials and adults due to the increased exposure to public swimming pools and utilization of tight, contaminated or soiled clothes, shoes and socks. Additionally, the development of water-soluble antifungal treatment solutions that can be administered orally is providing a thrust to the market growth. They aid in preventing secondary bacterial infections and prevent the growth of fungus. Other factors, including the widespread utilization of topical nail lacquers and ointments to maintain nail hygiene, along with the significant improvements in the healthcare infrastructure, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global onychomycosis treatment market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on disease type, treatment type, drug class and distribution channel.
Breakup by Disease Type:
- Distal Subungual Onychomycosis
- Proximal Subungual Onychomycosis
- White Superficial Onychomycosis
- Candidal Onychomycosis
Breakup by Treatment Type:
- Laser Therapy
- Photodynamic Therapy
- Drug Treatment
Breakup by Drug Class:
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Online Stores
- Retail Pharmacies
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Bausch Health Companies Inc., Cipla Limited, Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Galderma SA, GlaxoSmithKline PLC, Kaken Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd, Lumenis Ltd, Moberg Pharma AB, Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc. and The OTC Lab B.V.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- 1. What was the size of the global onychomycosis treatment market in 2022?
- 2. What is the expected growth rate of the global onychomycosis treatment market during 2023-2028?
- 3. What are the key factors driving the global onychomycosis treatment market?
- 4. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global onychomycosis treatment market?
- 5. What is the breakup of the global onychomycosis treatment market based on the disease type?
- 6. What is the breakup of the global onychomycosis treatment market based on the treatment type?
- 7. What is the breakup of the global onychomycosis treatment market based on the distribution channel?
- 8. What are the key regions in the global onychomycosis treatment market?
- 9. Who are the key players/companies in the global onychomycosis treatment market?