The global automotive logging device market size reached US$ 13.8 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 18.5 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.67% during 2023-2028.
An automotive logging device, or electronic logging device (ELD), refers to an electronic device used in vehicles to track and monitor the driving time and maintain hours of service (HOS) records. It consists of a vehicle tracking device that connects to the vehicle, fleet management software and a mobile application. Automotive logging devices are plugged into the onboard diagnostics (OBD) port of the vehicle that gathers information regarding the distance covered, engine condition, power, hours and vehicle movement directly from the engine. They are widely used in trucks, buses, light commercial vehicles and cars. The devices aid in conducting vehicle diagnostics for route management, location tracking, optimizing fuel consumption and increasing productivity and streamlining operations.
Automotive Logging Device Market Trends:
- Significant growth in the automotive industry across the globe is creating a positive outlook for the market. Automotive logging devices are widely used in transportation vehicles for periodically checking the health of vehicular components and tracking the working hours of the drivers. Additionally, the increasing product demand for continuous vehicle condition monitoring and improving the response time to equipment defects and vehicle breakdowns is favoring the market growth. Moreover, various product innovations, such as integration of automotive logging devices with smartphone applications for detecting issues and recording vehicle information, are favoring the market growth. In line with this, the utilization of the Internet of Things (IoT)-enabled sensors for real-time monitoring and remote tracking of engine health is positively impacting the market growth. Other factors, including the implementation of various government initiatives towards the safety and security of vehicles and passengers, along with the increasing consumer demand for commercial vehicles and trucks, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global automotive logging device market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on component, service type, form factor and vehicle type.
Breakup by Component:
- Telematics Unit
Breakup by Service Type:
- Entry Level
- High Level
Breakup by Form Factor:
Breakup by Vehicle Type:
- Light Commercial Vehicles
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being AT&T Inc., Coretex USA Inc, DriverTech, ELD Solutions, Garmin Ltd, Geotab Inc., KeepTruckin Inc., Omnitracs LLC, Orbcomm, Teletrac Navman US Ltd (Vontier Corporation) and Zonar Systems (Continental AG).
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- 1. What was the size of the global automotive logging device market in 2022?
- 2. What is the expected growth rate of the global automotive logging device market during 2023- 2028?
- 3. What are the key factors driving the global automotive logging device market?
- 4. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global automotive logging device market?
- 5. What is the breakup of the global automotive logging device market based on the component?
- 6. What is the breakup of the global automotive logging device market based on the service type?
- 7. What is the breakup of the global automotive logging device market based on the form factor?
- 8. What is the breakup of the global automotive logging device market based on the vehicle type?
- 9. What are the key regions in the global automotive logging device market?
- 10. Who are the key players/companies in the global automotive logging device market?