The global mobile gamma cameras market size reached US$ 53.6 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 68.6 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.1% during 2023-2028.
A mobile gamma camera refers to a portable medical apparatus that generates functional scans of different organs by detecting the gamma rays emitted from the body. The common body parts that are scanned using this apparatus include the brain, heart, kidneys, breasts, liver, lungs and pancreas. The camera works by injecting a radioactive drug or radionucleotide into the body or a particular organ. This aids in recording the consequent radioactivity using the gamma cameras within a very short time. For smaller organs, the apparatus utilizes small detectors with a reduced field of view, thus providing a very precise image output. The major components of the mobile gamma camera system include a collimator, scintillator, photomultiplier tube and computer. Moreover, since the apparatus is portable, it facilitates scanning patients at the bedside, thus offering greater convenience.
Mobile Gamma Cameras Market Trends:
- The market is primarily driven by the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases. Besides this, the growing incidences of cancer and a considerable rise in the requirement for gamma camera devices during radio-guided surgery are driving the product demand on the global level. In line with this, continual technological advancements in medical imaging options, such as nuclear imaging and the emergence of solid-state technology, are positively impacting the market. The growing trend of miniaturization of medical devices is acting as another significant growth-inducing factor for the market. The market is further driven by the increasing healthcare expenditure across the globe. Some of the other factors that are providing an impetus to the market growth include the inflating disposable incomes of the masses, the rising product awareness, significant improvements in the healthcare sector and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global mobile gamma cameras market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, application and end user.
Breakup by Product:
- Single-head Mobile Gamma Cameras
- Dual-head Mobile Gamma Cameras
- Triple-head Mobile Gamma Cameras
- Handheld Mobile Gamma Camera
Breakup by Application:
- Cardiac Imaging
- Breast Imaging
- Thyroid Scanning
- Kidney Scanning
- Intraoperative Imaging
- Brain Imaging
Breakup by End User:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Research Centers
- Imaging Centers and Clinics
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being CMR Naviscan Corporation, Crystal Photonics GmbH, DDD-Diagnostic A/S, Digirad Corporation, Dilon Medical Technologies Inc., GAEDE Medizinsysteme GmbH, Mediso Ltd., MiE GmbH, Oncovision Inc., Siemens AG and Spectrum Dynamics Medical (Biosensors International Group Ltd.).
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- 1. What was the size of the global mobile gamma cameras market in 2022?
- 2. What is the expected growth rate of the global mobile gamma cameras market during 2023-2028?
- 3. What are the key factors driving the global mobile gamma cameras market?
- 4. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global mobile gamma cameras market?
- 5. What is the breakup of the global mobile gamma cameras market based on product?
- 6. What is the breakup of the global mobile gamma cameras market based on the application?
- 7. What is the breakup of the global mobile gamma cameras market based on the end user?
- 8. What are the key regions in the global mobile gamma cameras market?
- 9. Who are the key players/companies in the global mobile gamma cameras market?