The global medical robotic systems market size reached US$ 16.1 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 50.9 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 19.3% during 2023-2028.
Medical robotic systems include robots that are utilized in the healthcare industry for surgical interventions and rehabilitation. Typically, these systems consist of mechanical arms with attached surgical instruments, and an installed camera. The most commonly used robotic systems include computer-controlled electromechanical devices called telemanipulators, which use the actions of the surgeon on one side to control the effector on the other side. These systems provide advanced visualization functionalities using HD cameras that provide surgeons with a detailed view of the concerned area, illustrated up to microscopic structures. Besides this, the robotic systems also offer relatively improved technical dexterity as they can rotate 360 degrees with superior maneuverability. Since they enable surgeons to reach hard-to-access areas in an efficient manner, they are extensively used as a crucial component in remotely controlled, minimally invasive procedures.
Medical Robotic Systems Market Trends:
- The market is majorly driven by the increasing demand for minimally invasive surgeries (MIS). This can be attributed to the escalating preference for smaller incisions, fewer cuts, decreased scarring, reduced pain, improved safety, and faster recovery periods that are associated with MIS across the surgical domain. In line with this, the rising geriatric population and the continual technological advancements in novel surgical modalities are propelling the market growth across the globe. The market is further driven by the growing funding for research and development (R&D) activities focusing on medical robotics and the expanding healthcare expenditure. Some of the other factors contributing to the product demand include continual technological advancements, the augmenting need for automation in the healthcare industry, a considerable rise in the cases of trauma injuries, and the rapidly expanding medical tourism sector.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global medical robotic systems market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, deployment mode and end user.
Breakup by Product:
- Surgical Robots
- Orthopedic Surgical Robots
- Neurosurgical Robotic Systems
- Laparoscopy Robotic Systems
- Steerable Robotic Catheters
- Rehabilitation Robots
- Assistive Robots
- Therapeutic Robots
- Exoskeleton Robotic Systems
- Noninvasive Radiosurgery Robots
- TrueBeam STx Radiosurgery System
- CyberKnife Robotic Radiosurgery System
- Gamma Knife Perfexion Radiosurgery System
- Hospital and Pharmacy Robots
- Telemedicine Robots
- I.V. Robots
- Cart Transportation Robots
- Emergency Response Robotic Systems
Breakup by Deployment Mode:
Breakup by End User:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Rehabilitation Centers
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Accuray Incorporated, Auris Health Inc. (Johnson & Johnson), DENSO Corporation, Intuitive Surgical Inc., iRobot Corporation, Medtronic plc, Omnicell Inc., Renishaw plc, Siemens Healthineers AG (Siemens AG), Stryker Corporation, Titan Medical Inc. and Zimmer Biomet.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- 1. What was the size of the global medical robotic systems market in 2022?
- 2. What is the expected growth rate of the global medical robotic systems market during 2023-2028?
- 3. What are the key factors driving the global medical robotic systems market?
- 4. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global medical robotic systems market?
- 5. What is the breakup of the global medical robotic systems market based on the product?
- 6. What are the key regions in the global medical robotic systems market?
- 7. Who are the key players/companies in the global medical robotic systems market?