The global operating room equipment market size reached US$ 34.8 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 48.7 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.5% during 2023-2028.
Also known as a surgery center, an operating room (OR) is a hospital facility wherein surgical procedures are carried out by medical professionals. It is a sterile environment designed for providing specialized care to patients with specific conditions. It is equipped with various equipment, such as surgical lights, operating tables, surgical booms and displays, operating room (OR) integration systems, scrub sinks, and nurse documentation stations. At present, there is a rise in the employment of OR equipment in the healthcare industry as they offer better patient care and enhanced operational efficiency.
Operating Room Equipment Market Trends:
- The growing number of surgeries globally, along with the introduction of technological innovations and advancements in medical devices, represent one of the key factors driving the market. Moreover, there is an increase in the adoption of minimally invasive procedures due to lesser trauma, reduced hospital stays, and cost-effective procedures. This, coupled with the rising geriatric population across the globe, is propelling the growth of the market. In addition, governments of several countries are extensively investing in the medical sector to enhance hospitals, develop new ORs, and increase the number of new ambulatory surgery centers around the world. In line with this, the expanding healthcare industry is offering lucrative growth opportunities to industry investors. Besides this, there is a rise in the prevalence of cancer, gastrointestinal disorders, and lifestyle-related diseases among the masses. This, along with the growing patient inclination for endoscopic procedures, is positively influencing the market. Additionally, key market players are focusing on research and development (R&D) activities to introduce 3D surgical imaging in endoscopic surgeries, which is bolstering the growth of the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global operating room equipment market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type and end user.
Breakup by Product Type:
- Anesthesia Devices
- Operating Room Tables and Lights
- Electrosurgical Devices
- Surgical Imaging Devices
- Patient Monitors
Breakup by End User:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Dragerwerk AG & Co. KGaA, General Electric Company, Getinge AB, Hill-Rom Holdings Inc. (Baxter International Inc.), Karl Storz SE & Co. KG, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Medtronic plc, MIZUHO Corporation, Siemens Healthineers AG (Siemens AG), Skytron LLC, STERIS Corporation and Stryker Corporation.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global operating room equipment market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global operating room equipment market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global operating room equipment market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?