The global automotive ambient lighting market size reached US$ 932.2 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 1,525.0 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 8.32% during 2023-2028.
Automotive ambient lighting refers to a basic illumination system that is installed to enhance the internal and external aesthetic appeal of the vehicle. At present, it is commercially available in varying types, including heading-up, display, reading, trunk, dome, and keyhole lighting. They aid in ensuring greater visibility of dashboards, making automobiles appear spacious, improving the concentration of the driver, and changing illumination based on security requirements, while offering flexibility and reliability. On account of these properties, they are typically employed in passenger, commercial, and heavy commercial automobiles.
Automotive Ambient Lighting Market Trends:
- With the significant expansion in the automotive sector, there has been increasing demand for luxury and comfort in passenger vehicles. This can be attributed to the improving economic conditions, rapid urbanization, rising disposable incomes, and evolving preferences, particularly in developing region, which represents the key factor primarily driving the automotive ambient lighting market growth. In line with this, significant technological advancements, such as the introduction of energy-efficient halogen, xenon, organic light-emitting diode (OLED), and Light-emitting diode (LED) is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Due to the increasing vehicle connectivity, ambient lighting can act as an essential functional feature, wherein it communicates with the vehicle to adjust controls and provides programmable lighting options incorporated with interactive technology. This, in turn, is contributing to the market growth. Moreover, the widespread adoption of automotive ambient lighting as an integrated security feature rather than a cosmetic tool is also propelling the market growth. These lighting systems assist in providing illumination during nighttime to ensure security, easy visualization of the control panel, and proper functionality while offering convenience to the driver. Other factors, such as the rising trend of customization and strategic collaborations amongst key players to develop a wide variety of ambient lighting fulfilling individual requirements and applications are creating a positive outlook for the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
- IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global automotive ambient lighting market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on technology, product type, vehicle type, fuel type and sales channel.
Breakup by Technology:
Breakup by Product Type:
- Dashboard Lights
- Ambient Lighting
- Head-Up Display
- Reading Lights
Breakup by Vehicle Type:
- Passenger Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Breakup by Fuel Type:
- Electric Vehicles
- Internal Combustion Engine Vehicles (ICE)
Breakup by Sales Channel:
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being ams-OSRAM AG, Draxlmaier Group, General Electric Company, Grupo Antolin, HELLA GmbH & Co. KGaA (Faurecia SE), Koito Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Koninklijke Philips N.V., Marelli Holdings Co. Ltd, Robert Bosch GmbH, Stanley Electric Co. Ltd. and Valeo.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global automotive ambient lighting market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global automotive ambient lighting market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technology?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the vehicle type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the fuel type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the sales channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global automotive ambient lighting market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?